• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019-2020 Black Hills Conditions

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Ice Caves. West on 6 mile off #1 about 1.5 miles to 296. Go South (left) 6 miles on 296. After crossing second metal cattle gate go right along fence 1/4 mile then another right along draw for 1 mile then veer left to the post then another left up the hill.

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
thanks for directions. try to find that next winter. always like places not just everyone can find. I run gps all the time anyway. thanks for all your winter trail condition updates snocop

jeffxc700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
SUX
Thanks snow copper for your updates and all the snowest gang. Bring on 20-21.. Stay safe all. What a year!

A
Sep 10, 2012
My wife and I found Ice Cave the week after the 4th of July on our SXS. The directions to the trail along the fence lead to a dead end because of a closed trail and locked gate. Rerouted and found it via GPS coordinates. Thanks again to all for the help, it was just great to get there again and relive a memory with my dad.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
My wife and I found Ice Cave the week after the 4th of July on our SXS. The directions to the trail along the fence lead to a dead end because of a closed trail and locked gate. Rerouted and found it via GPS coordinates. Thanks again to all for the help, it was just great to get there again and relive a memory with my dad

That's a cool cave!! We were there three weeks ago on the sxs's too!!

Tunzafun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 17, 2019
Any updates on businesses open/closed? Areas to avoid?
Trying to get some ideas for Jan or Feb trip.
Thanks

Premium Features