• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019-2020 Black Hills Conditions

bamf

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2008
NESD
Snowmobilers check this thread to find current riding conditions and information not to hear the latest in trail business bashing. If you want a thread to bash trail businesses start one but leave this one for helpful information and current conditions.
Business to avoid and ones worth supporting are pertinent trail information in my book.

F
Jan 18, 2008
Pagosa Springs CO
SDSNOWCOP, I just found this thread and GREATLY appreciate any and all information you post regardless of topic. This could be my last winter in the area and I want to spend as much time as I can riding this hills this year. It is a 6 hour drive and I have limited resources so I need to make the trips count. Thanks again!

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
its always nice to know where the pitstops are and what to expect from the food and the people there. its part of the ridiing experience. just don't need to badger a bad situation that seems to be a thorn in the back side at trailshead. snocop does a great job keeping us all informed about trails. I drive from 400+ miles to ride and really like the info on trails and a tidbit on food. not bad knowing if you may get head bit off if stop somewhere just to be aware of situation but don't just hammer on it. love the forum. thanks snocop!!!

Arcticmatt

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
What is the forecast looking like for the next week? We are heading back out on the 16th.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have not been into Deadwood lately. I ran into a group over the weekend that rode out of Deadwood. They said it was ok. I rode into Lead and Mystic Hills today, no problems except for a little thin the last 1/2 mile into Mystic Hills.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Mid 30's tomorrow then turning colder. Teens to twenties for a high and single digit lows. Chances of snow Wed night through Friday morning with the best chance Thursday night. I have not look out beyond a week. I barely trust the forecast 7 days out.

W
Jan 4, 2017
I have not been into Deadwood lately. I ran into a group over the weekend that rode out of Deadwood. They said it was ok. I rode into Lead and Mystic Hills today, no problems except for a little thin the last 1/2 mile into Mystic Hills.
I know asking that question is a little early we will be out on Saturday the 18th.

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Rode from SCR over to cement ridge LO and down west side to Buckhorn Friday. I’d say most places got 4”-6” with some up to 8” of fresh Thursday nite. Breaking trail almost whole way so not many people here, imagine that will change Saturday.
If out here , keep look out for my black hard case and prescription glasses. Had to get them out bag to get at tools at cement ridge LO and on trail 3 about 4 miles out of Buckhorn. My guess, they fell of seat onto boards and somewhere on the way down from cement. We were parked right by toilet.
Thanks Larry. 507-841-0891

W
Jan 4, 2017
I have not been all the way into Deadwood but I was as far as the Kirk Trailhead (junction 5 & 7) Friday. Trail was good then and received more snow on it Saturday.

Thank You Duane . If there is snow on needles and highway 87 is it ok to ride a snowmobile on them. I see that 87 and needles is closed in the winter at 385. I see that sylvan lake road is open. I do understand providing there is snow on those roads. I just didn’t know if it was legal to trailer down there unload and ride them roads.

Arcticmatt

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
sdsnocop....planning to drive thurs to ride fri and sat...want to do off trail. How is that north of trailshead/west of spearfish canyon lodge? Thanks!

We are looking to do the same - just curious if you guys are getting any new snow today/tomorrow?

Premium Features