• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Yz450f oil leak

D
Jan 3, 2021
Hello, I’m having oil leak issues on my 2018 yz450f. Oil is coming out of the black breather tube that comes down from the head. Not a clue why, I did an oil change and went for a little ride to make sure thing were good and I came back and had next to no oil left. All bolts were torqued to spec, oil filter wasn’t plugged or the oil strainer. And I put in the 900ml of oil the service manual calls for, so it’s not dripping excess oil. Does anyone know what it could be?

Using 0w-40 synthetic and KN filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D
Jan 3, 2021
Too much oil and it gets pushed out the breather. I have the same bike and the specs are .9L for full engine rebuild. periodic w/out filter its only .62 and with filter change .64.

So it’s only ~600ml for an oil change not 900ml? I must be an idiot and can’t read the service manual...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
I always take the full fill bolt out and just fill until it drips out. Its in the book and also I crack open the bolt up on the cylinder to make sure its lubing. never had any come out the tube unless ive had to do a roll over.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Oil sight glass is handy and quick way to get the oil level in the right range. Not sure, but thought the 2018 has one, doesnt it?

Premium Features