• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Sidewinder??

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Don't discount what the chaincase drop will do. You have to ride it before you bash it. It adds a big improvement in the deep snow capability of a sled AND it changes the handling characteristic as well. All small changes that make a big difference.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Well i got to ride the 2017 sidewinder for a day & all I can say is wow yamaha finally did it.
Very impressive sled great smooth power & very easy to ride ,i rode some trees I would have never tryed befor.
Sled is so quick changing direction it shocked me,by far the best sled they have built very very well balanced.

20170309_123937.jpg 20170309_154916.jpg 20170309_170345.jpg

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Well i got to ride the 2017 sidewinder for a day & all I can say is wow yamaha finally did it.
Very impressive sled great smooth power & very easy to ride ,i rode some trees I would have never tryed befor.
Sled is so quick changing direction it shocked me,by far the best sled they have built very very well balanced.

Is it enough to make you sell your viper and buy one?
I'm just wondering if you have any work done on your viper?

worklater

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2008
sidewinder

I found I to be the same, the best sled I have ridden from them to date!!
I got to take one for a weekend, the smoothest power you might ever feel and a ton of it! I agree very well balanced.
Snow checked and '18 yesterday, can't wait.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
got to ride Sidewinder over weekend
snow conditions poor
rode a stock one and a EVO reflash 240hp
I was very impressed, would agree with upper comments balanced well very smooth delivery of horespower would have to say best Stock chassis Yamaha I have ridden been riding them since 06 ( Apex, Nytro, Viper all boosted ) wish snow would have been deep but it was easy to handle even in the poor icy rained on conditions
Stock Sidewinder is deceiving delivers power curve so smooth and so quit. Sold my Vipers and Nytro last fall and now riding 17 Axys with MTNTK turbo at 10lbs boost and I would say the stock Sidewinder would hang right with it the EVO relash league of its own it was impressive

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Is it enough to make you sell your viper and buy one?
I'm just wondering if you have any work done on your viper?

I have 2016 front end exit shocks all around,front skid shock is the cat shock makes front end very light.
Boost -it turbo running 10lbs,light seat.
I would if I could afford it but probably not in the cards right now,the sw was better in every way except power,my buddy is lighter than me & i could give him a head start & catch him pretty easy on a climb.

Premium Features