• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M600 BOG HELP!!!

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I don’t think you can trouble shoot it. You will need to swap the fuel rail. I just cross referenced part numbers and it’s the same fuel rail that’s on the 2018 800

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
could be dirty/sticky clutches not shifting correctly maybe? you say it will run through the rpms fine from take off but when your cruising along and mash it it bogs? id clean both clutches thoroughly if you havent yet, check springs rollers weights and bushings.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Yes from a dead stop the snowmobile runs like a race sled it does not miss a beat anything from 4000 -6000 RPM you Mash it it will fall on its face. 6000 RPM and above it runs excellent. I took the belt off the snowmobile and I put it on a sled stand and it still creates the bog. If it did not create the bog on the stand I would be chasing clutches as clutches are loadbearing it does it without a belt it does it with a belt nothing changes. I would assume correct me if I’m wrong removing the belt would eliminate the clutches would you agree?

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Ok update. 1/26/20
Took sled up and it appears to be better. I moved the TPS a bit and it does not want to throw you over the bars when you hit it at 4200 Rpm. It’s running rich you can smell it and here it for sure gurgling. My question is does the TPS tell the ECM where the throttle position is at?? Could it possibly think the snowmobile is at 7000 RPM when technically it’s only at 4200 RPM so it delivers more fuel? Don’t know a lot about TPS can I adjust it to Lean it up?? I’m wanting too learn more about it. Any info be great. Thank you plus I have no DTC CODE

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Yes from a dead stop the snowmobile runs like a race sled it does not miss a beat anything from 4000 -6000 RPM you Mash it it will fall on its face. 6000 RPM and above it runs excellent. I took the belt off the snowmobile and I put it on a sled stand and it still creates the bog. If it did not create the bog on the stand I would be chasing clutches as clutches are loadbearing it does it without a belt it does it with a belt nothing changes. I would assume correct me if I’m wrong removing the belt would eliminate the clutches would you agree?

yes agreed. unless it hits rev limiter so quickly you dont notice it on the gauge or anything. i dont think they have a real sensitive rev limiter like an etec800 tho. ive ridden 2011 etec doo a lot and the rev limiter would cut in like you describe down in lower elevations. and could put you over bars, so it made me think of the clutching i guess.
Good luck. sounds like youre onto something

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Jan 22, 2011
utah
Jan 22, 2011
utah
Yes I agree I noticed it was not on marks and TPS was loose I aligned back up
And I had a reading on the Diagnostic cluster gauge 3.9 according to dealer that can be adjusted Be trimmed down a bit. Service manual says between 3-5 so I will take it inn. Thank you!!

Premium Features