• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 M600 BOG HELP!!!

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I have a 2018 M600 SE 153 Mid-Range bog. I need help bad. Here’s what I’ve done still have same issues. Any help be great THANK YOU!!!!

Checked or swapped out the following on mine

*Reeds
*TPS
*TSS
*FUEL PSI 61
*SWAPPED FUEL PUMP
*APV CABLE 36.5mm
*APV valves cleaned X2
*COMPRESSION 125/127
*EGT PROBE
*AIR SENSOR
*DIFFERENT CLUTCH
*NEW BELT
*New springs both clutches.
*NEW PLUGS
*(3) DIFFERENT CAN’S GGB,stock,HPS
*Output verification gap
*ECM Flashed
*Different fuel (3) kinds
*Injector cleaner
*Swapped out ECU issue still there.

Bog still there. Bog is on the stand and ground. Mid range. Between 4200-6000 590 miles.
Checked at 7000-9000 feet all the same
Sled does great at 6000 RPM and above
Everything above verified or swapped out

I’m going to swapp out APV Servo motor tonight. 1/22/20

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I did send it to the cat race dept inn
Island Park IDaho. (Tupper ). Still same issue. I even swapped ECU out with another 2018 that ran excellent and my sled still had same bog. I’m going to swap the APV Servo motor and try that if no change then I’m out of ideas I’ve exhausted every thing I know too do. I’ve been fighting this issue going on a year. Frustrating.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I did not! I have never even heard of them. The fuel pump out of the 2018 M800 I swapped it with runs excellent. M800/600 run same fuel pump. Do 2018 Arctic Cat have these smart valves? Any info would be great as I will change them out. Looking at smart valves from what I see they are hooked to fuel pump assy. How do I swap them or modify them to work. This is something I have not been asked THANK YOU!!!!

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Did you change the smart valves when you swapped fuel pumps?
Here’s the thing with this sled give you a little bit more information maybe it will make more sense to help me out. If the snowmobile is at an idle and you mash the gas it does not miss a beat it runs EXCELLENT!! If you’re on the snowmobile and you are above 4200 RPM and you mash the gas it falls on its face it only fails when the snowmobile RPMs are between 4200 - 6000. So could the smart valves cause this bog in that range or would they cause it no matter what whether the snowmobile is idling or at 4200 RPM that’s the confusing part. So can the smart valves create the problem where I am seeing this fail? Would the smart valves create this problem no matter what whether the snowmobile is idling or at 4200 RPM? The fuel pump I swapped it with that sled runs excellent I would assume a good running fuel pump with no issues with smart valves the snowmobile would have not had an issue? Thank you for the help I’ll take everything I can get

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
If there's water settled to the bottom of the tank the valves definitely close off. Siphon tank out, pull valves & soak in methyl hydrate. See these issues a lot with farm gas. Ethanol, water, rust, old gas breaking down leaving nice yellow junk, cloudy phase seperated ethanol garbage too

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Reeds verified 2X
Fuel replaced with 3 different fuels from different fuel stations.
Tank verification of no water or contamination
kellerstrauss fuel
Chevron fuel
Non-ethanol fuel

Confusing too me is it Runs EXCELLENT from idle to WOT!! 4000-5500 RPM falls on its face??

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
If you swapped the whole pump assembly in from another sled then i assume you swapped the valves in too?

The springs get weak in them and they can stick closed, causing a sled to starve for fuel. I've had it happen to a few different pro climbs.

Check to make sure your tank vent is working, loosen up your fuel cap next time you're out and try it to see if it still bogs.

The 16's like mine didn't come with a fuel rail damper and when i installed it mine did improve. you may try replacing the damper, odd thing to fail but it sounds like you are running out of options.

Attachments

• fuel.JPG
    fuel.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 18
Jan 22, 2011
utah
Yesssss running out of options. Yes full swap of pump everything!!! I have not tried gas cap as it pulls 8200 RPM After 5000 but I’ll try it. I’m thinking trying the APV Servo motor on the valves too verify that it’s doing it job

R
Feb 26, 2008
Yeah thats the TMap. Hmm thats a good one. Most of the 18 up ran perfect. 14-17 were way more common to have that bog.
I would probably send off your injectors and have them checked or just replace them. Theyre cheap.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I’m going to swap Servo Motor out too verify. Then if no go ya injectors. I will tell you one thing I have learned a lot about these motors I have spent 7 months on the snowmobile and I learned a lot how to troubleshoot and how to inspect verify to manufacturer specifications.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I would swap the stator for fun to see if that is it. I’ve seen stators do weird things

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Another thing to look into is the fuel rail dampener. They weren’t on the first couple of years of the new DSI motor but were added when the DSI 800 came out. Looking at the parts breakdown that 18 should have it on the fuel rail but if it’s not working correctly then that may be a problem. I remember the Arctic Cat tech videos when the 800 was released and they spotlighted the fuel rail dampener to insure a glitch free ride

Premium Features