• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

2018 Axys phone charging

Nov 8, 2018
Hey guys, seen a few posts about phone charging but no straight answer. the plug harness by the steering post has a 12v acc plug. can I charge off of that? if so what the male plug called the plugs into that? its on the same spot as the kill switch and throttle sensor plugs:juggle:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
https://www.denniskirk.com/race-shop-inc/dual-usb-power-cables-usb-p.p2002012.prd/2002012.sku

Plugs in under the hood. I did the windshield bag and ran it into that

The only issue I would be concerned is that it states.."For use inside a storage bag such as windshield bags, dash bags, or handlebar bags; not recommended for external use"

Here is what we generally run something like this and plugs directly into the correct pigtail under the hood. You can if you like switch out the power port for a dual USB.
There is a boss for it already on the dash- Here is mine mounted on my Axys

https://www.amazon.com/Polaris-Outlet-Accessory-Power-Snowmobile/dp/B01D50HWWU

Axys dash.jpg

Wgold

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2011
Tioga, ND
The only issue I would be concerned is that it states.."For use inside a storage bag such as windshield bags, dash bags, or handlebar bags; not recommended for external use"

Here is what we generally run something like this and plugs directly into the correct pigtail under the hood. You can if you like switch out the power port for a dual USB.

View attachment 297731

May I ask what you plug into that port, I would think that anything plugged in there would get pulled out many times throughout an aggressive day of riding?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND

View attachment 297731

What kind of windshield bag is that?

Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
Hey guys, seen a few posts about phone charging but no straight answer. the plug harness by the steering post has a 12v acc plug. can I charge off of that? if so what the male plug called the plugs into that? its on the same spot as the kill switch and throttle sensor plugs:juggle:

The connector under the hood is a "SAE" connector. So you search for any "SAE to USB connector" dongle or SAE to cigarette dongle. You will see them on many motorcycle websites. I leave the usb connector in my dash bag and put my cell phone in a neoprene bag in the dash bag to keep it warm and out of the snow.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY

I tapped this in on my 16 with the fuse and works great for charging anything. I have the Skinz windshield bag to store my phone, GoPro, etc.

Premium Features