• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018/19 Snowy Range Snow Conditions

longvalley

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2014
we just got back home from snowies. stayed in centennial. rode out of greenrock. found good snow east of trail going to sand lake I think its o. good snow along trail n going west of turpin reservoir. really beat up around quealy. rode south on t next day and rode the valleys both directions off t. pretty good if you get far enough from trail. trails are good that we were on and all marked. deep snow in trees. watch out for creeks not covered or frozen

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Thanks for the reports i will report when i get there and run some down also. Its usually beat up by quelly all the time any way.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
Off trail riding, still alot of uncovered ground and rocks. Base is not deep enough in spots. We hit alot of little stumps, rocks and trees, yes and creeks have little coverage. We heard about and saw alot of damaged sleds, even 1 in our group. Should be good after another 2' of new snow. We found mostly 12-18" of fresh north of the widowmaker. still alot of areas dont have as much coverage. Still visable grass and rocks in roller coaster. The gap is still mostly rocks but a good path thru there. reports say 60" base but we question that, maybe 48", but that is only in spots. i think we have a good start to the season and should be great with some new snow.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
The snow is good. I was up on Sunday and we found a lot of track free areas. They had received 8” to 14” on Friday, depending on location according to the Sno-tel sites. There has been more small accumulations during this week.
As Farmboy stated, most riding is very close to 10K elevation.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
We rode CO up until 2/5 last week and my uncle stayedand rode until 2/8 and rode out of Ryan Park. He said it was the deepest snow he's ever seen! So much pow it was trying to pull him off the sled in a flat meadow.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I talked to my buddy who lives in Saratoga yesterday and he said 4+ feet on the west side of the snowies since Friday when we left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features