• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3,

rernst220

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2009
Chaska, MN
Mirage will build the trailer for you with the 6" extended tongue if you ask for it.

All of our project trailers have had it.

I already have a mirage trailer and looking to add a 6" extension, it sounded to me like he added it after the fact and that is why i was asking what he did to add it.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I already have a mirage trailer and looking to add a 6" extension, it sounded to me like he added it after the fact and that is why i was asking what he did to add it.

I see your in MN. There is a company in Rogers called Crystal Welding and I believe they do this type of work if you are looking to have it done. I know a couple people that had them extend camper hitches before.

rernst220

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2009
Chaska, MN
I see your in MN. There is a company in Rogers called Crystal Welding and I believe they do this type of work if you are looking to have it done. I know a couple people that had them extend camper hitches before.

Thanks, knew about Crystal Welding as they have build a couple work trailers for me, that was my next option but looking at the picture of his trailer it looked like he bolted an extended hitch mount onto the original mirage hitch. Maybe im wrong but just trying to figure out the easiest way to make the hitch 6" longer. Look at the picture in post #180 and you should see what i am talking about

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Thanks, knew about Crystal Welding as they have build a couple work trailers for me, that was my next option but looking at the picture of his trailer it looked like he bolted an extended hitch mount onto the original mirage hitch. Maybe im wrong but just trying to figure out the easiest way to make the hitch 6" longer. Look at the picture in post #180 and you should see what i am talking about

I see what your looking at but have no idea what that is. But your right it just looks like an extension block almost.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Tongue extension

Look at the picture in post #180 and you should see what i am talking about

I see what your looking at but have no idea what that is. But your right it just looks like an extension block almost.

I can't tell for sure, but I suspect what your seeing in the pic on post #180 is part of the adjustable drop jack...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Got it.
I did this to a different trailer about 7 years ago.
Worked out just fine long term, still have the trailer.

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
How's that new trailer..?

:bump:
We haven't seen any updates lately... How's that new trailer treating you and the SnoWest crew?
Have you made any improvements since using it (or have you added any improvements to your list of things to do)??
Have you decided on a graphics wrap??
Inquiring trailer junkies would love to know AND see some more photos of the thing in action....

:popcorn:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
:bump:
We haven't seen any updates lately... How's that new trailer treating you and the SnoWest crew?
Have you made any improvements since using it (or have you added any improvements to your list of things to do)??
Have you decided on a graphics wrap??
Inquiring trailer junkies would love to know AND see some more photos of the thing in action....

:popcorn:

You haven't seen much because I wrecked all 3 of our new sleds!
So far the trailer has only had one small issue and that was a defective thermostat switch at the back of the trailer.

When it failed Mirage's tech support showed me how to HOT WIRE the furnace and then shipped me a new replacement thermostat. Otherwise she has been great.

LOVE the new cover for the rear hindge on the ramp.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new benches.
So much easier to get suited up with than the couches were.

The new LED lights are nice, but I think we need MORE of them.
I like to have a LOT of BRIGHT LIGHT in the trailer as I seem to be in it in the DARK most of the time!

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
Have you used the fuel station? I am looking into one and not sure how you would keep the water out from condensation and if they are big enough to fill up four sleds. My thought is to fill up the sleds after riding then when you get home fill up the fuel station. Would love to hear from anyone that has one
Thanks

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you have time please post up more pics of the benches. I'm liking those and guys

Sure
Tell me what it is you would like to see of them besides what I have already posted.

More than happy to walk outside and snap a few photos of anything for you my friend.

The fold down benches work great in a couple ways compared to the Couches I had in the first two trailers.

#1.
The sleds NEVER TOUCH them going into our out of the trailer.
With the couches we absolutely had "Contact" issues from time to time where the sled spindles would brush up against the wall mounts for the couches. With the benches there has been no contact at all.

#2.
The bench is a much firmer platform to sit on, making it easier to put on boots and gear up in general. When done, they fold up flat and clear against the side walls in the trailer and are totally out of the way. When needed it just takes one snap and they fold down for use. Having several of them in different places has also ensured that I can ALWAYS find space to lower one of them down into position even if I have sleds in the trailer.

We have 3 in this trailer, and I may very well push for FOUR in next year's

picture.php

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
:face-icon-small-sho

I would also like to see some more pics...LOL, but I would only want to see the pictures of the trailer... :face-icon-small-blu

Haha oops

Sure
Tell me what it is you would like to see of them besides what I have already posted.

More than happy to walk outside and snap a few photos of anything for you my friend.

I'd like,to,see how the front leg attaches and how the hinge is arranged.

It looks like used the same style of hinge on the tables but I'm thinking there is a piano hinge on the backside for stability???

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Christopher, does your heater work good. Got the trails west and my heater sucks. They worked it over,once, but still not right. It short cycles and shuts off. I think it is getting hot. Hasn't worked right all season. I will say their customer service is awesome. I assume it is the same heater in all of them.

Joks79

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
MN. 10 minutes from Canada!
This is another brand new feature for 2017
LIGHTED exhaust fans!
//snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?albumid=1821&pictureid=33907

Mirage is moving towards 100% LED lighting to give more total light using less battery power so you can use the trailer for more days between recharging the deep cycle batteries.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see this type of lighting used in long strips from the front of the trailer roof all the way to the back of the trailer in the very near future. As I said before, you just can't have TOO MUCH light inside of the trailer at night if you are working on a busted sled, and this is a great solution. Looks sweet and works.!
//snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?albumid=1821&pictureid=33908

christopher,
Do you know where I can get one of these LED lighted exhaust fan? I just picked up a new to me trailer yesterday that doesn't have a vent so this would be perfect. I looked on Mirage's website and didn't see it. thanks

mtnclimber19

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2008
Sheridan, wy
We were getting ready to leave Togwotee yesterday and saw a good photo opportunity! I recognized the new Snowest trailer so we pulled the 1st year build next to the 3rd year build for a picture!

Attachments

• 20170212_144442.jpg
    20170212_144442.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 93

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
We were getting ready to leave Togwotee yesterday and saw a good photo opportunity! I recognized the new Snowest trailer so we pulled the 1st year build next to the 3rd year build for a picture!

mtnclimber, did you have that trailer in Seeley Lake in the last year or so?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, does your heater work good. Got the trails west and my heater sucks. They worked it over,once, but still not right. It short cycles and shuts off. I think it is getting hot. Hasn't worked right all season. I will say their customer service is awesome. I assume it is the same heater in all of them.
Mine is torn apart right right now.
I had a defective thermostat and they shipped me a new digital one.
So I had opened up the main box and hot wired the controls to turn it on and off while I removed and replaced the old thermostat.

When the heater is turned ON, it puts out LOADS OF HEAT.
With the auxillary heater installed in the rear of the trailer, I can melt out 100% of the contents in the trailer at night when the temps are VERY LOW.

There is NO shortage of heat at all.

Yesterday we came into the trailer at about 10 degrees in the morning.
Took about 15 minutes with the heater on to be comfortable stripping off all my clothes and getting suited up for the day's sledding trip.

As soon as you see the ice on the windows turn to water, the trailer is TOASTY WARM and ready to use.

So for me the procedure is.

Open the trailer.
Fire the Furnace
Start all five sleds with doors OPEN.
Warm the sleds
Roll out the sleds
Vent the trailer for a minute or two
Close all the doors
Give it 10-15 minutes
then get dressed in a WARM trailer.

Premium Features