• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3,

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Once you go to a goose you'll never go back. I even hate pulling my two place around

I hear ya.
I just can't do my business without a truck with a shell on the back to haul Magazines and Books around in. For me its absolutely Life or Death that I have a large dry storage/transportation area.

And I can't imagine the hassle of removing the shell EVERY single weekend all winter long.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Prepping the trailer for the paint booth.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OIFQ1I-9WLE?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Painting the frame.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/viRoG56K3G0?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Painting the frame Part 2

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kF4ezfwX45s?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="640" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hear ya.
I just can't do my business without a truck with a shell on the back to haul Magazines and Books around in. For me its absolutely Life or Death that I have a large dry storage/transportation area.

And I can't imagine the hassle of removing the shell EVERY single weekend all winter long.

Yeah, I hear ya on that one.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
I hear ya.

Just tote the big enclosed around everywhere!!! :deadhorse:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Had a nice opportunity to chat with some of the guys from Mirage this weekend at the Salt Lake City Snowshow where they had several of their trailers on display.

Looks like my trailer "was" done and ready for pickup tomorrow before we got into a conversation about Floor Glides.

In the last 2 trailers I installed a full set of SuperTrax SuperGlides on both ramps and the main floor. In my oppinion there is nothing that makes it safer to walk inside of a trailer with ice on the floor than the guides that have traction knobs on them like the SuperGlides.

Over the weekend they asked if I would be game to try the trailer with a set of Caliber brand guides factory installed. I of course said absolutely!

So it looks like Mirage is evaluating the possibility of offering their Poly-Bead floors with an upgrade option of Caliber brand Guides.!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
We have run the caliber grip glides in the past two trailers and will be installing them in the new trailer we pick up Monday. I have never seen them and the SuperGlides side by side but I would bet they are very comparable. However the Calibers are a bit cheaper to buy I believe. Either way we have loved ours!

We are going to try the Super Clamps in the new trailer for the first time. This should be a nice addition and speed up the loading and unload times.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Which model of Calber glides? They have a number of options. I had their low profile glides on a past trailer and they worked great. But they offer many different sizes, dept and traction type ones like the Super glides as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Which model of Calber glides? They have a number of options. I had their low profile glides on a past trailer and they worked great. But they offer many different sizes, dept and traction type ones like the Super glides as well.

Those choices are entirely up to MIRAGE.
One of the joys of playing with the Prototype trailer is that THEY get to chose which goodies I get to evaluate as part of the project.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Just taking a GUESS here, but I am betting I won't get the trailer with the extra mods done till the day before the BOISE show...

Could be wrong, but that is my guess right now.

How about 2 days after the show, should give them time to clean all the foot and finger prints off of it from demo'ing it at the show!!

Any preference between the two ramp traction companies?

Caliber and Superglides?

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/snowmobile-trailer-accessories/LPGG.php

http://www.superclamp.net/superglides.asp

I have superglides in mine that I installed 10 years ago but some have gotten hammered and I need to replace some sections.

Premium Features