• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Polaris 600 RMK Axys stage 3 kit

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I have been out of snowmobiling for 15 plus years now. Thinking of getting back into it since I now have a 14 year old granddaughter that has started riding. I am looking at a, as mentioned above, sled with low miles. I have looked at both SLP’s, new and old, catalogs for information on a stage three kit with no luck. Can anyone/someone help me out? I am looking for a single pipe and muffler, billet heads heads and clutching information. Any and all info will help me out considerably. Thank you for your time. Wax

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have been out of snowmobiling for 15 plus years now. Thinking of getting back into it since I now have a 14 year old granddaughter that has started riding. I am looking at a, as mentioned above, sled with low miles. I have looked at both SLP’s, new and old, catalogs for information on a stage three kit with no luck. Can anyone/someone help me out? I am looking for a single pipe and muffler, billet heads heads and clutching information. Any and all info will help me out considerably. Thank you for your time. Wax

Carl’s cycle 660 kit would probably be a better value anyways........

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
Polaris900RMK: That is a good question. I think it would be better for my granddaughter in a couple of years. I’m sure it will be lighter for me to get unstuck if needed.
I could not find any info at Carl’s. I emailed for info and have not heard back.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Polaris900RMK: That is a good question. I think it would be better for my granddaughter in a couple of years. I’m sure it will be lighter for me to get unstuck if needed.
I could not find any info at Carl’s. I emailed for info and have not heard back.

600 and 800 weight is the same FYI.

Best is to call carl’s.

Talk to Jack Struthers

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
He’s correct. The weight is the same. I have had both and the 600 rides and feels lighter though. I think the 600s are great sleds. But once you dump that money into a 600 it’s cheaper to get an 800. A 660 might be a bit much for a younger rider, but it all depends on skill and confidence level too.

I will say if you are commited to a 600 a 660 would be a blast and it’s rare it can’t go places an 800 would go.

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I’m really not committed to either one at this point. Saw a good deal on a 600 close to me. Hell, my last sled was a 2002 Vertical Edge with twin pipes on it. It ran good. If and when I get more serious I will look at all the options available. You all make a good point about the 800 though. Definitely more 800‘s out there. So that being said, what track length seems to be the best for riding meadows and trees? Just curious as to what seems to work the best.

Premium Features