• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 M8000 - Bogging at 7,000-7,150 RPMS

jbrandsted4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
Twin Cities, MN
Hey Gang- I put in MDS weights, primary spring, 43 helix and secondary spring last season. The sled runs, pulls, and really rips in the backcountry (Big horns and cooke city), but when I take the trails back to camp if I am cruising at 7,000-7,150 rpms the engine pulls and bogs down - pulling my rpms to 5,000+/-. As soon as I pop the throttle it pulls out of it and runs fine, but as soon as I get back to the 7,000-7150 RPM range it will do it again. I can't figure out why this is happening, talked to several people and we are all at a loss. One of my buddies thought the secondary spring may be getting lazy, but that doesn't seem right. Any thoughts? Anyone else see something like this? APpreciate any feedback.

R
Everytime, its at that same RPM??? Have you checked your APV cables at all for correct length? I would suggest checking your primary spring, it might be broken.
Its a bog. I would say check your primary. Make sure all of your weights move free and aren't too tight and are clean. And lastly, make sure your belt is not burnt or wore out.
At Cooke, don't forget...your at 7000+ feet.

Premium Features