• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 freeride Kill switch/thumb warmer replacement

Y
Oct 23, 2019
Hey everyone,

Recently bought a used freeride, after taking it to the dealership for a once over to make sure everything was good they got back to me and told me the thumb warmer no longer works. Everything else is in working order.

I was told probably 5 times that they would cover it under warranty and fix it for a low cost of $50.... Flash forward to me bringing it back in they are now saying that it will not be covered under warranty and now apparently the kill switch no longer works? Weird because it worked when i dropped it off. I've been told it won't be covered under warranty because the technician determined the sled was rolled (?????????). The quote is now over $300 to replace 2 simple parts.

I'm not the best with electrical things but I feel this is simple enough to take on myself and save myself big money.
How exactly does one go about replacing the thumb warmer and potentially the kill switch? I've looked around but can't really find a great tutorial. I also can't really find replacement thumb warmers, so does anyone have a suggestion?

OhioMitch

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2013
Screw the thumb warmer, it hardly does much anyway. As for the kill switch it's just two wires and a screw. Either order a new Doo one or get a dirt bike style you like.

Premium Features