• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Axys

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've never had a primary bolt break, but have had the clutch sheaves crack and break. Your situation sounds like the bolt was never tightened to spec and broke because it was loose. Buy a new one and get going. Things like this are not even worth taking to the dealer. The only exception to what I just commented on is potential crank damage. But at 70 miles it seems unlikely.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Must have been a mess. Gotta believe the pan, panel, and clutch guard are not like new, either. Sounded like both the primary and secondary are trashed, and both should get replaced by the dealer, either poo's warranty or theirs, for poor PDI. Hopefully the stub on the crank is ok, and the broken bolt came out easily, and the leader is taking care of you. Where did the bolt break off, at the stub end?

Likely a non-torqued bolt, or maybe not re-torqued after spinning/stopping the track. Unless it's a defect. Have seen the fixed half break, but don't recall hearing of any bolts breaking in the last decade.

S
Dec 22, 2009
They dealer was great. Took care of everything. The broken bolt came out nicely. I figure if I keep a spare in my sled it won't break again.

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
This happened on my ‘17 axys. The bolts threads were extracted and warranty paid for repairs. But then the motors blew later out of warranty and the crank was out of specs.
Now it just happened again on my ‘19 850!

C0E08541-F9CD-41A4-A01A-16CEA53921FA.jpeg

Premium Features