• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 800 piston SBA

C
Feb 7, 2021
Sled runs very very strong with the wossner durability kit. I love it, brought my rpms back up to around 8200 WOT. After 400 miles it started throwing exhaust valve code so I changed relays better idle but exhaust valves still not working right.

Sled just got the digital wrench today I'm gonna take it for a rip after work and if all is good, I can vouch for the wossner durability kit.

If you want to avoid my VES issue I suggest going to get a little digital wrenching done at the dealer to save yourself a heart attack when/if that red engine light shows up

Let ya know tonight

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Sled runs very very strong with the wossner durability kit. I love it, brought my rpms back up to around 8200 WOT. After 400 miles it started throwing exhaust valve code so I changed relays better idle but exhaust valves still not working right.

Sled just got the digital wrench today I'm gonna take it for a rip after work and if all is good, I can vouch for the wossner durability kit.

If you want to avoid my VES issue I suggest going to get a little digital wrenching done at the dealer to save yourself a heart attack when/if that red engine light shows up

Let ya know tonight

What did dealer do? Friend of mine is part owner/wrench at local dealer, I am sure he could hook me up with whatever you had to do. Was it related to the durability kit or just random sled issue?

C
Feb 7, 2021
Well it went in for an actuator relearn basically an exhaust valve relearn I guess it just reprograms or resets itself or whatever. They ended up doing a few other things I was told, I haven't been home to get the full details yet.

I think it was because with the increased volume in the crankcase from the durability kit eventually the computer didn't know what to do with the exhaust valves. Something along those lines. Honestly you can just ride it till it throws a code IF it throws a code. You can ride it home with disfunctioning exhaust valves it won't hurt it

C
Feb 7, 2021
Welp.... threw exhaust valve code before I could get a mile down the trail.

I'll be testing the valve cable travel and then pulling exhaust valves for inspection this weekend sometime.... sigh....

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
How did the Wossner durability kit work for you? I just installed same setup in a 2016 and haven't rode it yet. Lots of guys saying I shouldn't have. Pros, Cons you have found?

Let ya know tonight

Rode the sled with Wossner durability kit and SLP stage 2 kit installed on 163 Axys and it pulls very hard, holds 8100 all the time. Only issue which might be break-in related as it seems to be getting better as I ride it more is a low idle (1400-1600). Reverse works fine and I might tweak TPS and throttle setscrew but otherwise it runs perfect. Bought the sled blown up with bad PTO side piston and only 880 miles. Part of reason for durability kit decision. No idea how it idled before.

C
Feb 7, 2021
Your idle should clean up with break in. My idle was low as well, after about 300 miles and a couple new relays my idle cleaned right up 1750-1800rpms at cold start

Premium Features