• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 TSS - how do you disconnect?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
As title says, how do you disconnect the throttle safety switch on a 16 mountain cat? I tried searching topic but don’t have much luck with the new search function. Thank you

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
I have heard a lot about the TSS, but never quite understood what it is for. Anyone care to explain its function And how it works?

I thought it had something to do with Shutting down the sled if the sleds throttle/cable got frozen and stuck wide open. If so, how does it distingiush from being frozen wide open vs wide open by rider choice? Maybe something to do with throttle lever position vs throttle cable end position?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
The hole that the throttle lever pin goes through is oblong and has a button on the edge towards the center of the sled. When you push the lever it pushes that button before it starts to pull the cable and everything works how it should. If the throttle sticks and you let go of the lever it releases that button and kills the sled. Some how, probably the tps on the throttle body, it knows if the cable is being pulled. You can test it by starting the sled and pushing the pivot pin towards the outside of the sled with one hand and pushing the throttle with the other, this should kill the sled.

hopefully some of that rambling makes sense.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I have heard a lot about the TSS, but never quite understood what it is for. Anyone care to explain its function And how it works?

From what I can tell it's to make your sled bog right off idle to keep you from moving, and to make you wonder what the hell is wrong with your sled.

It's to keep you from pinning the throttle to the bars if you get thrown forward on it, or if the throttle is stuck/frozen.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Just remember most guys add a tether when they disable the TSS. Its never a good idea to just disable a safety device without a back up plan. Personally i will not disable the TSS i have cleaned and used dielectric grease with very good results.

Premium Features