• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Summit Persistent bog

N
May 4, 2019
Alright so I’ve taken my sled out 4 times this year, and I’ve had a continuous problem with it not running good at all. The start of the day the sled runs mint, half way through the day I’ll lay into the throttle and it’ll start to bog out after 5 seconds of wide open. End of the day it can barley make it down the trail and often dies while trying. I’ve changed plugs and fuel filter, and checked the reeds. Plugs were fouled, and the reeds have a milky oil substance on them but are in good shape. Any ideas?

6B9BCD65-B6D8-4870-8A4E-3ACAA11A2B63.jpeg 51363B71-175D-410B-84E4-AB3477200A7F.jpeg 7DE8F461-3D72-42C6-8CA7-8D7E3D01E8BE.jpeg CF5846DB-19EB-43F6-B2B6-625D03183829.jpeg

brokenbones4

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Check the white manifold between your intakes, it controls your rave valves, it's is a common issue especially with turbo setup's. I had similar problems. Check to see if your raves are operating correctly. A simple check is to pull the plastic cover off and start your sled, after a few seconds they should suck into the closed position. Rev up your sled on a stand and see if they move correctly. You can find lots of info on them online.

N
May 4, 2019
Check the white manifold between your intakes, it controls your rave valves, it's is a common issue especially with turbo setup's. I had similar problems. Check to see if your raves are operating correctly. A simple check is to pull the plastic cover off and start your sled, after a few seconds they should suck into the closed position. Rev up your sled on a stand and see if they move correctly. You can find lots of info on them online.
are you talking about the flute that connects the hood to the air box? or am I thinking the wrong thing, i'm going to take the raves out and then give them a clean tomorrow and when I put it all back together ill do that test. Sounds like a good way to check them!

Premium Features