• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 spindles on 2014 m8000

K
Feb 18, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Can I keep the stock 38" bottom arms and replace the spindles and uppers with OEM parts or do I need to go aftermarket? Wouldn't the uppers from a XF or HCR work with them being wider?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You need to get cat spindles and zbroz 38" uppers, or get the cat 38" new geometry accessory kit that comes with arms and spindles. The newer HCR and XFs have 40" a-arms.

K
Feb 18, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
OK forgot those are 40 to begin with thought maybe they would keep them within 2 inches of the M sleds going forward. Is the larger ski stance variance more due to the new spindle or new ski? I mean the way you move the spacers to either side of the spindles.

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
Thanks. Do you know if they're cheaper than the zbros arms? Also what sled do these come on or is cat making them just to upgrade older sleds?
Michelle will hook you up with the best deal around. Yes, cheaper than Zbros. This is an accessory part, not available on any sleds.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

K
Feb 18, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
For those that have switched to the 16 spindle did you have any problems mounting the skis? Does the older ski damper still work fine? I'm looking for a used set of Powder Pros and on SLP's website they show a new part number for the 16 sleds? Maybe its just lighter?

knh208

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
For those that have switched to the 16 spindle did you have any problems mounting the skis? Does the older ski damper still work fine? I'm looking for a used set of Powder Pros and on SLP's website they show a new part number for the 16 sleds? Maybe its just lighter?
No issues, but I have grippers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features