• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 PRO AXYS hole in bottom of tunnel cooler exchanger

D
Dec 8, 2019
Hi all

I broke my cardinal rule of getting on my sled before Christmas, and I now have a 2 inch hole in bottom of tunnel cooler exchanger. Hit a sharp small stump first ride out this year. Picture attached. Looking for options to fix and seeing what’s out there. Thoughts are:

• Find aluminum mig weld shop in town to put a patch over.
  • Purchase used tunnel off of eBay, but looks like it was cut from bulkhead. Would it have to be re welded to my bulkhead or can it be reattached with rivets?
  • Replace whole tunnel including bulkhead, this seems almost cost prohibitive
  • JB weld

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance

27AA69AA-8F92-464A-9BF4-87DE64E7C05A.jpeg

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
I have used JB weld successfully before, but the hole wasn't that big. You could try a patch with JB weld. But I think your best option is to have it welded.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hi all

I broke my cardinal rule of getting on my sled before Christmas, and I now have a 2 inch hole in bottom of tunnel cooler exchanger. Hit a sharp small stump first ride out this year. Picture attached. Looking for options to fix and seeing what’s out there. Thoughts are:

• Find aluminum mig weld shop in town to put a patch over.
  • Purchase used tunnel off of eBay, but looks like it was cut from bulkhead. Would it have to be re welded to my bulkhead or can it be reattached with rivets?
  • Replace whole tunnel including bulkhead, this seems almost cost prohibitive
  • JB weld

Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance

How close is it to the end of the tunnel?

Could you just do a MTNTK tunnel shortening kit?

Premium Features