• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Polaris RMK turbo Blown intercooler?

A
Jan 28, 2020
I went to go for a ride this evening. Noticed a whining coming from my turbo at idle. popped off the side panel and noticed my (I think?) Intercooler line melted and dangling.... ****... hopefully i didnt **** the turbo up. no idea how long its been like this. Bear with me, its my first turbo, and i do not know much about them. How do i fix this? Just replace the line? is there a oil resevoir thats now empty for the turbo? I wanna do it myself but have no idea how extensive the fix could be past the hose? any help would be appreciated... i wanna get this thing back in the powder ASAP pictures are posted Turbo 1.jpegturbo 2.jpegTurbo 3.jpegturbo 4.jpeg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
My bad, this is the oil line
pull intake and exhaust off turbo see if the there is excessive play causing turbine or compressor wheels to contact the housing, does the turbo spin freely/smoothly? if that checks out, replace the oil line, bleed it ( google up the procedure to prime the oil pump) and hope for the best that those bearings aren’t pooched

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Usually I think it comes right off the oil pump to the turbo..

Then gets burn.. bye bye.. used by the bearings..

Or the is a T in one of the oil lines.. going to turbo.. line popped off ur turbo..

Turbo sled.. every ride.. look at under the hood!!

A
Jan 28, 2020
Awesome thank see for the help guys I’m feeling confident I can get it replaced and primed tomorrow everything inside the turbo seems to Be spinning fine. Learning this **** the hard way

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Awesome thank see for the help guys I’m feeling confident I can get it replaced and primed tomorrow everything inside the turbo seems to Be spinning fine. Learning this **** the hard way

should get a copy of install instructions and read through to familiarize with what your looking at and what’s going on under the hood

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Good catch. You may have saved yourself thousands!

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Yes that is the oil line for the turbo. If your replacing it from the oil pump to turbo you might have to take the aluminum plat off the bottom of the bulk head to access the oil bump connection. Once you replace the oil line make sure to wrap it with some good heat tape. Turn the barbed fitting that's on the turbo to get the hose away from the heat.

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
Contact silber and see if they still have the steel braided lines. My last two kits were steel lines for about a foot and then went to the clear plastic line.

Premium Features