• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M8000 LTD clutch setup

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Sometime next week and weekend I will be going some place to sled and I will have the BMP clutch setup in my sled to start with. I have it set up for about 9-10K. I should be able to give a detailed report on how it performs after that.

catzr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Selah
2016 M8 LTD clutch setup

going with a 21/49, MDS clutching w/poo black 100/340 sprg.
that setup rocked on previous M8s, waiting for manual chain adj parts to show up, didnt plan on that. also installing pro-armour plug and play tether.
4k -7k, not changing the secondary yet, wait and see.

Last edited:

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I ended up with mds weights and black Polaris spring from mds the weights were set at 67.7 grams as per suggestions but I found I had to pull a washer off each weight to hit a decent rpm I am at 8190 on my 162 mountain cat with that setup. I should have tried it stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67.7 or 77.7g? 67 sounds awful light for mds

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sometime next week and weekend I will be going some place to sled and I will have the BMP clutch setup in my sled to start with. I have it set up for about 9-10K. I should be able to give a detailed report on how it performs after that.

Any input?

Waffling between a bikeman and SSI setup. There's a hundred bucks difference there, just trying to figure out if it's worth it.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I was out yesterday with my Bikeman kit that I got late last year. It was running a little low on rpm compared to their recommendations for my setup the first couple rides I had it out. I pulled one of the magnets before my ride yesterday and that thing ran super strong. I was very impressed with the consistency of the clutching. I don't have experience with other kits but this one seems to work pretty well.

M
Apr 5, 2015
Michigan
Personnally, i run at low altitude (3000ft+-500ft).

Stock low alt clutching are a pain. After i installed 48helix, stiffer primary and stiffer secondary spring it's better but it's shifted too fast again. I tried to put some shim under secondary spring to slower the shifting, it's little better but not good. I taked a STM Progressive 44/42 and it's helped ALOT my sled. I tried 19/50,20/49,21/49 gearing and at each time that i has gear up, it's worked better. I really like my 21/49 gearing, it load the engine and it feel to push harder.

After this, i put J-13 profil weight, i found that my sled run better. I has a little problem with the logical of J13 weight profile on 4 stroke and J14 profile on 2stroke, on my brain, the inverse is better.

J13 profile is like that previous cat weight, or like Poo 10series weight....:juggle:

J14 profile are more weight on tip

Old thread but worth a shot. Marble what springs were you running with that helix? I assume stock being you never mentioned either spring.

Premium Features