• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys won’t start

G

garypuento

Feb 25, 2011
mn
I was just in replacing the brake caliper and master cylinder because they quit working. Once I was done I tried starting the machine and it will fire and quit immediately. It’s weird, with the key on or off it will still slightly fire but not go. Seems like electrical. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff, unplugged tether, unplugged kill switch. I have spark, replaced plugs. Anyone have any ideas?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I was just in replacing the brake caliper and master cylinder because they quit working. Once I was done I tried starting the machine and it will fire and quit immediately. It’s weird, with the key on or off it will still slightly fire but not go. Seems like electrical. I’ve tried a bunch of stuff, unplugged tether, unplugged kill switch. I have spark, replaced plugs. Anyone have any ideas?

Fuel pump electrical connection?

Speed-Demon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2020
AK
Was it running before you did the brake work? If so, then you probably moved something electrical just enough to make a bad connection.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
put a new set of plugs in it and try it before you make this more complicated than it needs to be. i've had this issue and was baffled by it as well....replaced plugs and fired right up. (had 100 pulls into it before i changed them, fired first pull after).

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
put a new set of plugs in it and try it before you make this more complicated than it needs to be. i've had this issue and was baffled by it as well....replaced plugs and fired right up. (had 100 pulls into it before i changed them, fired first pull after).

OP replaced spark plugs already......

Premium Features