• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axys wanting to convert to 174

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have a 2016 axys with a mtntk turbo that runs fantastic but I am wanting to convert it from a 163 to 174 track. What track and drivers does everyone recommend for the 174 length. Have been thinking about a camso x3 cut down to 2.7". Ride idaho and utah

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have a 2016 axys with a mtntk turbo that runs fantastic but I am wanting to convert it from a 163 to 174 track. What track and drivers does everyone recommend for the 174 length. Have been thinking about a camso x3 cut down to 2.7". Ride idaho and utah

I have no experience with 174’s.

But the x3 is hard to beat all around track.

In the grand scheme of things I wouldn’t be surprised if camso sells less than a dozen 174’s a year? (Outside of oem demand)

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I did exactly what you are talking about. Tracks USA tail extensions. I bought a Polaris series 7 take off track. Fire and Ice tunnel extension, and a Rogue Concepts rear bumper. Avid extroverted drivers and antistab kit. Mine started off as a 2.6 si I did a TKI belt drive to gear it down. I added the MTNTK cooler.
It is a great sled.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yea I am not going to even do a tunnel extension. Modify the bumper and that's it as far as that goes. All the tunnels are getting cut now anyways so I basically be the same once I stuff the 174 under it. My 5' mtntk cooler keep eeverything very cool as well. I am really thinking I am going to do the camso x3 cut to a 2.7

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Over the years I have ran short tunnels with built long tracks. I installed the MTNTK cooler after I did the 174. I was worried I couldn’t keep it cool without a flap so I extended the tunnel so I could run a flap. Still ended up installing the cooler. I would be interested to know if it stays cool with the cooler and no flap. I personally like the bumper back far enough to lift, but would be fine removing the flap and extension.

Premium Features