• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 axis 800 mods in alaska

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
whats up all ive found lots of info on pipes in other states running at 10000ft and above but we start at around 3000ft and go up seems most pipes R hitting det on long WOT runs.. their seems 2 b many fixes (oct.boost programers fulemaps ect..)I'm wanting 2 get some imfo. on what mods pipes, heads , big bore ect. are being ran and what problems/fixes we have found any and all comets R appreciated

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
whats up all ive found lots of info on pipes in other states running at 10000ft and above but we start at around 3000ft and go up seems most pipes R hitting det on long WOT runs.. their seems 2 b many fixes (oct.boost programers fulemaps ect..)I'm wanting 2 get some imfo. on what mods pipes, heads , big bore ect. are being ran and what problems/fixes we have found any and all comets R appreciated

Just call chad at a2d.
And use spellcheck.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
chad at a2d.dont know who that is got a #? where is he located? and spell check lol I can barley manage to post this I swing hammers and turn wrenches playing on this computer or finding out how 2 use spellcheck is a pain it the a$$!! rather b in the shop putting on mods...better yet out in the hills trying 2 break them... thanks 4 your time sheetmetalfab
ps. I know spelling is horrible bear with me not trying 2 get schooled on my spelling just this new sled

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
oooo yea wanted 2 ask seen some vids.... of your sled what all have you dun 2 her? she seems 2 run smooth! got mine so late in the season all my rides were in packed or wet snow hard 2 put it 2 work when the snow is not soft..N-E-way nice lookin sled sheet metal!!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I ran a SLP pipe most of last year on my Axys in AK with just some clutching. It ran great and loved 8500 RPM. I think I was running 74g bas MTX with 2g at the heel with a SLP blue/pink primary spring. Unfortunately my pipe cracked and so did the can. My dealer was awesome to replace them and I went ahead and sold them while they were still new. I didn't want to deal with it. I replaced it with a BMP pipe and a GGB can. Seems to work good, although I didn't get much testing on it at the end of the year. I also am running the bullydog tuner with BMP's map on it. Mid range felt more snappy and overall seem to run slightly stronger, but we will see this season. I will run this set up till next year and maybe dabble back into turbos again...

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
thanks die hard! slp did have a recall and fixed the pipe and can....well that's what they said . were u running the tuner with the slp set up ? did u ever hit det on long pulls ? or do u with the BMP/GGB?
just 2 pick your brain a little more have hade mixed feelings about turbos...how much do they shorten the life of the motor or do they at all ? I just don't know N-E-1 that hade 1 on their 2stroke never keep it for more than 1000-1200 miles .. ben very interested and intrigued by the sidekicks just don't want to kill all reliability. getting a sled out of the backcountry when she dies is never fun! keep it steep and deep and lets pray 4 snow(heard ppl are riding in summut havent took the drive 2 c)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
41447166fdb51c66af626f8d2182084d.png

I've got chads clutching and the slp pipe set.

They are off old seward and 74th
Somewhere around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
no 1 in Alaska building a axys besides sheet and die ??? that just cant Beee!!! don't b shy love to hear what u have done good-bad-worth the $$$-or just a waist of money. considering a silber turbo? interested and open to all brands or any buildes. thanks all

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
thanks die hard! slp did have a recall and fixed the pipe and can....well that's what they said . were u running the tuner with the slp set up ? did u ever hit det on long pulls ? or do u with the BMP/GGB?
just 2 pick your brain a little more have hade mixed feelings about turbos...how much do they shorten the life of the motor or do they at all ? I just don't know N-E-1 that hade 1 on their 2stroke never keep it for more than 1000-1200 miles .. ben very interested and intrigued by the sidekicks just don't want to kill all reliability. getting a sled out of the backcountry when she dies is never fun! keep it steep and deep and lets pray 4 snow(heard ppl are riding in summut havent took the drive 2 c)

No tuner on the SLP, did do the additional band clamp on the pipe to reduce the harmonics, but it still cracked. I did see they have an updated pipe with more weld and bracing where they crack around the egt probe. Mine would det due to over-rev with the SLP kit since I was clutched pretty light.

I ran the tuner with the BMP because they claimed more power in the mid range with their tune. What little time I got on the new BMP pipe and tune I will say it did feel more snappy in mid range with no real change between a SLP pipe and the BMP on top end performance.

Turbos on a 2 stroke in AK is still up for question for me. I have attempted to run two different silber turbo kits in AK with no real luck. I haven't personally seen one run well in AK, but AKFULLTHROTTLE is now a dealer of the new Axys Silber kits and claims they run flawless.

Me personally I am going to wait one more season then pull the trigger on a turbo again. Not sure if it will be Silber or another brand...
TBD

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
looked at BD and silber turbos. BD is a little more involved on the install- takes extra electronics and a little more tuning. silber has a simple install and they remap factory box. with the electric oil pump they can add oil at dif. rpm and keep the motor reliable. both kits look nice!! but I'm leaning to the silber if I get 1 easy install and only 3400 on Ebay complete ready to rock just replace injectors gut air box drop the kit in clutch work on and send um your box for the map. haven't ben able 2 find HP ratings on ether so I still wonder if a big bore would b a good choice but heard turbos hold their hp at elevation hard to beat that!!! never hade a turbo so this is just what I have gathered from asking questions....

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Ya I wouldn't waste your money on a big bore on a polaris. Been there and was a waste of money. And if youre wanting a silber you should really look at either AKFULLTHROTTLE (Kyle) on here for a local dealer or Corey at Boston Racing for the best dealer support.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
lol yea ben raining ??? on them. starting 2 get a understanding on silber they seem very willing to work with us. love the fact that they can flash the box back 2 stock we can un bolt the turbo and still keep warranty .. would not ask them 2 replace the top end but if a factory defect shows it self id like 2 know that they will honor warranty and I don't think they look kindly on a turbo in their opinion I'm sure that it would b the reason for all failure!!! so I like that theirs almost no sign of it if I need their not to be :D

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
still in seattle childrens with the kid haven't ben home all winter or got to ride but I'm pretty well sold on the sliber just don't want to order it till I'm home and can enjoy it/make sure its all their/get the reflash :D never hade a turbo so I want to give it a try and they sound pretty well problem free - a little clutching and it sounds like AK. has a hand full of good setups. if I don't get home be for the snow melts this year ill get one this summer and follow up with how it goes!!

S
Feb 6, 2013
SLP.....Setting the worlds performance?

Maybe they should change the slogan to,SLP pipes reliable up to 600 miles. Did they move to china?

IMG_3996-2.jpg IMG_3995-4.jpg IMG_3779.jpg IMG_3776.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Maybe they should change the slogan to,SLP pipes reliable up to 600 miles. Did they move to china?

Everyone with the original pipe has been offered a second band for vibrations.

Contact slp.

I received a free pipe after my first one cracked. Zero issues with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features