• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 arctic cat launch @ Saturday, March 1, 2015

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
This thread is way out of hand. We have the two usual Polaris pro Bros in the cat section trying to justify their $hit purchase. Seriously, I could care less about your pro, I don't think I've ever even posted in the Polaris section lol.
A) Paid my money - I'll post in any forum section I feel like.

B) I am legitimately curious what cat would come out with for a new sled if/when it happens. I'd ride with or buy any brand - it's just a bunch of aluminum and plastic with stickers on it.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
Johnsdevil, You must have always been picked on as a kid or something? Go and play on another site please.

I like what john has to say because I know he's right. Something big is coming from cat. They've upgraded the whole mountain line-up for 2016. Lets just put it this way... all the prolites out there are about to take a big hit in resale value.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Something big is coming from cat.

Cat is good at BIG! Not sure why big would hurt Prolite resale though...

In anycase, let's get real. They redo the chassis every five years, and it isn't time yet. They can't drop major weight without a major redesign. You might see a new 800, but that's really it.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
No siree bob

I saw a 2016 skidoo build sheet from skidoo.com

Also Cat needs to contract Crazy MTN. Extreme to build them a reliable CMX style Belt Drive. Problem solved their belt drive is Bullet Proof.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I saw a 2016 skidoo build sheet from skidoo.com

Also Cat needs to contract Crazy MTN. Extreme to build them a reliable CMX style Belt Drive. Problem solved their belt drive is Bullet Proof.

AC could copy the Crazy mountain extreme design but by the time the bean counters made it affordable and it rolled off a mass produced production line it wouldn't be bullet proof.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
All they need is a big block in there and light weight stock can and they will would be set. Bigger track option if wanted also. Nothing wrong good old chain case.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
whether it's real or not

why would you call me a Simpleton for sharing some info
do u have a d-bag Complex or something??

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
If Doo would come out with an 880, then Cat should put the Bikeman 900 in theirs. I have ridden sleds with this motor and it is amazing!! 200 HP and reliable and easy to clutch. That would be a "game changer" and probably hurt the Prolites? I think Cat is learning a lot from BDX with the Prolites. Every year you see more and more of the Prolite influence in the mountain segment from Cat.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
Update on 880 etec

Supposedly it's a Fake, excuse me for sharing some info i saw, never thought sharing some speculation on the new 2016 sleds would bring Negativity. Oh Well- Hopefully we can get some Snow??

Premium Features