• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 SWB Axys 800 extention to 144"?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Has anyone heard of anyone doing a rail extension on a new Axys? How tall lugs will fit, and what is the easiest way to extend it?
What is the longest it is safe to stretch?

Will it be easier to take rmk rails and modify them to fit?

P

powerfuldodge

Jan 30, 2011
Fort Mcmurray
Have not seen anyone extend these chassis, these are awesome on the trail the not great in deeper snow , well that's what I experience with my 2012

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I bet you have the Rush. I want the Axys in a Rmk, and cant wait till next year.

My plan were to get it stretched to 144" or more, and narrow the front end. But if it's not doable, or to expensive, ill just go with a new Rmk Scandinavian Beast.

A
Nov 11, 2010
2 options from tracks USA, probably the best ext kit out there!

http://www.tracksusa.com/Rush-Pro-R...6&browse=-47267&shopBy=-13183&catalogId=-3708

4" version should move the 136" to a 144"

8" version should move the 136" to a 151"

These are designed around moving the 121's to a S/B length but should work on the S/B's too.

Call Tracks USA first to see if they've done it, I'd guess (but don't know) you should be able to get a 1.75" under there no problem.

If you're looking for a 2" you should really just be buying an RMK.

As I found getting the 8" kit and putting it on my 121 indy is not the same as a 144 assault skid and it isn't as light on the front end as you are moving the pivot point (fulcrum) back and the handling charictaristics have significantly different than was designed by the factory.

For your added floatation, expect to get some drawbacks to handling. Everything is a trade-off.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Search the build threads. Someone did a switchback a year or two ago. They said I the end it wasn't worth it, they would have been better off to put a traditional tunnel and skid under it.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Search the build threads. Someone did a switchback a year or two ago. They said I the end it wasn't worth it, they would have been better off to put a traditional tunnel and skid under it.

Maybe that would be the best option. I have access to a few rmk and pro tunnels with kinks by the chaincase. Would make a good donor. But im afraid it would be hard and expencive to connect them together.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

i think it was that it needed some r and d to get on the snow better, it trenched too much?? something like that.

Premium Features