• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 pro climb clutch problems

sldrnm

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2011
Sled was not freewheeling down steep slopes and wanted to hold me back.Went to adjust belt deflection seemed a little loose so I tightened it up. Still did not seem right so I cleaned the clutches real good but there seemed to be quite a bit of a metallic powder when I blew out the clutches.I am wondering if I might have a bushing going bad. Sled has just over 2000 miles so I ordered a puller but was looking for any suggestions any help would be appreciated thanks.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Sled was not freewheeling down steep slopes and wanted to hold me back.Went to adjust belt deflection seemed a little loose so I tightened it up. Still did not seem right so I cleaned the clutches real good but there seemed to be quite a bit of a metallic powder when I blew out the clutches.I am wondering if I might have a bushing going bad. Sled has just over 2000 miles so I ordered a puller but was looking for any suggestions any help would be appreciated thanks.
Check on the inside of the spider where the weight swings, look for wear on the side from a worn weight bushing. Pretty common with that many miles.

sldrnm

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2011
So I got my clutch pulled apart and the weights have some pretty good gouges on them. None of the rollers seem to be sticking but judging by the condition of the weights I am thinking the rollers are bad also. I guess it’s time for a Team primary.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Weights get "gator backed" over time even if the rollers are good. Seems to start where they contact the rollers at engagement and continues to get worse. I would still think about a replacement at that mileage.

Premium Features