• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 MFD doesn't pull up fuel selector option??

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
sled has 800 miles and is a stock 2015 PRO RMK 800 without electric start. Sled is stuck in Ethanol mode and I want to run in NON Ethanol mode.

I am perfectly following the fuel selection steps as outlined in both the Owners Manual and on the sticker inside the left side panel. The Display will NOT show ANYTHING in the way of a FUEL option to change selection to NON ethanol. The only thing I get on the display is the ethanol message upon start up.

It appears as though there is a "yellow plug" just above the oil reservoir that is connected at this time. Does anyone know if:
  • I can disconnect the yellow plug and override the fuel selection of the MFD kind of like the earlier Pro models?
  • in locations where non ethanol fuel was scarce did dealers have the option of locking in the Ethanol fuel setting?
I did not buy the sled new so I cant be 100% certain that it is not an older Multi Function Display. Ran the sled yesterday and the sled runs like a top but with higher gas and oil usage than expected.

Any help is welcome and appreciated!

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
OK guys I think I’ve got this figured out. Tail light works but when I engage the brake it does not illuminate the tail light brighter. I just need to troubleshoot the brake light/switch and I think I will then be able to easily adjust the fuel setting through the multi function display. Will keep y’all posted.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Yes, the earlier Polaris had a resistor plug for fuel selection. It was not selected through the gauge.
I believe that was 2011 and maybe 2012. 2013 and newer is set through the display setting. Had a 2013 and 2015 that were set through the gauge.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Parking brake has to be set to be able to scroll into that option. If your ECU can't see the brake, then it won't let you get to the setting.

Premium Features