• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 boondocker turbo review and Questions

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Put the boondocker non intercooled kit in a 2015 m8000 153. Have an ovs anti wheelie kit that keeps the wheeling somewhat under control. Sled works good. Great power. Have the boost set as low as I can and still peeks over 9 lb sometimes but that's ok. Run 10 litres of av gas per tank.
A couple issues, lag from a stop is annoying in the trees but asumming it is what it is?
Have a stutter at low speeds sometime when it comes on boost, Were to adjust fuel to cure this? Been playing in the 5500 66 and 99 setting?
Also the side exaust plugs off sometimes and causes a bog, any fix for That?
Is there a better intake system for this, Think is could me part of my slow speed bog? hot intake air.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I am just starting my install on mine. I went intercooled pump gas. I have a KMOD rear skid to keep mine in check. Did you start with the numbers that were included with the instruction?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I am thinking about switching to a BD box. How easy or hard do you find the box to use? I know some people complain about the box being too complicated.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
I don't have bd turbo experience but have run twisted an ovs for 5 years, two things jump out at me that i have learned over the years. For me, mixing fuels led to inconsistencies. half and half race and premium, premium and av. and of course just eye balling it in the jug never an exact measure. as soon as i went 10 lb on straight av gas in both machines life got way better. way less playing with the box. Second thing like you already mentioned was the intake. I Put a cold air intake snorkel on both and both responded with more consistant running at lower rpms especially. but all the way through the rpm range. Just something to think about

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Had boost hoses on wrong so was over boosting. Have them right now I believe but now can't get over 6.6 lb. would like 8 or so. Can I just shorten actuator rod?

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Powder i have 2 questions.
1.Is your fuel line super close to your steering post?
2. was there a connection from your main harness to the fuel booster board?

B
Feb 21, 2008
Iowa
Mine has about 1/16th of an inch clearance between fuel line and steering post. 500 miles on it and hasn't touched, just had hood off and checked everything. Fuel booster gets plugged into auxiliary connection on back side of chain case. You have to unplug it then plug in fuel booster. Mines also a 2015 m 800.

W
Nov 8, 2018
what are you guys running for numbers on the bd turbo?
the manual only gives you the fuel numbers, on the controller, there is psi numbers for different rpm and buttn on-off as well as accel

Premium Features