• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 XF8000 won’t start

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
My buddies cat won’t start. Been sitting for about 6 months. Fired up right up then. It doesn’t have a tether. it’s not getting any spark now. Any suggestions?

AJmhgMatthews

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Redding, California
So he was trying to start it yesterday, turns out he had the switch off. Pulled the plugs, it was more or less flooded. Cleaned them up, and re-installed them. Today, we have spark, but no fuel, plugs are dry.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
How did you go from 'flooded' to 'dry?'

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Usually when these things flood out, they'll keep splashing gas all over the plugs until you either burn it out of the case or just let it sit open forever. I was asking to see if he got it running at any point.

If he did and/or he's sure all the fuel is out of the case, you can get these things started by adding a little gas if you know you have spark. Just drop like one or two DROPS of gas in a cylinder and it will usually get going.

The reason I asked is because if he doesn't have all the fuel out of the case, adding is the last thing you'd want to do. If he's positive it's really dry, then go for it.

Premium Features