• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 SBA 146” track install/alignment issue

S
Apr 6, 2016
Question about track alightnment on my 2014 sba 800. I’m in the process of replacing the track, sled had the (2”) was pretty beat up, decided to replace with the 146” 5.2 track. Picked up a driveshaft from a 12 pro with the 2.86 pitch, installed everything and started spinning the track by hand and would spin 3/4” revolution and get pretty tight like something was binding. Noticed the track wasn’t centered and adjusted accordingly and I have no issue with getting the rear of the track aligned. Tried multiple times and still had the same outcome. After checking through everything making sure nothing was hitting anywhere I notice the rails are not centered in the windows in the track in the front driveshaft area. The track is shifted favoring the chaincase side, but not rubbing the tunnel. Checked the measurements around the driveshaft from collar of driver to end of driveshaft on each side, (chaincase 4”) (pto 4 1/4”) and between each driver to center extro driver I have 1 13/16”. I did then check my original 2.52 pitch driveshaft measurements to compare, from end of driveshaft to collar of driver on each side im 4 1/6” and 4 1/8”. Seeing there is a difference is this resolved by taking the driveshaft out and pressing the drivers over to equal measurements on each side? Thanks

Premium Features