• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 RMSHA/Jackson Hole Hillclimb Dates

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
UPDATE!!! I changed jobs and have been crazy busy after getting back from Jackson. Race/registration dates are current on the website. I may not be able to update this as often especially now that they stacked the last 3 races back to back. Get to the races if you can and check the sites often for any new info. Thanks!

Bellevue, Jan. 31-Feb. 1 (CANCELED!!! stay tuned for possible reschedule... All entries that have been sent will be forwarded to the Afton Hillclimb - No Exceptions (Contact Heather if you will NOT be attending Afton and want entry fees returned.)

Bear Lake, Feb. 14-15 COMPLETE (North of Geneva at the ID/WY line)

Afton, Feb. 28-Mar. 2 (COMPLETE)

Pinedale, Mar. 8-9 COMPLETE (White Pine Ski Resort NE of Pinedale, WY)

Jackson Hole, Mar. 20-23
COMPLETE (you should know where by now)

Crested Butte, Apr. 12-13 COMPLETE (Crested Butte Resort, Crested Butte, CO)

Beaver Mtn., Apr. 18-19 COMPLETE (Beaver Mtn. Ski Area up Logan Canyon)

Grand Targhee, April 26-27 Registration is CLOSED!! (Grand Targhee Resort just north of Alta, WY)

There are some new classes available for younger racers not wanting to go right into Semi-Pro, as well as individuals with interest in racing that aren't currently on the circuit.

Check out the RMSHA and SNOWDEVILS websites throughout the year for updates, forms, general info. Make sure you check out my RMSHA Starter thread on here as well. Lots of questions answered already.

Last edited:

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ha Ha, i went to hit the green one and clicked the red one and couldn't figure out how to change it. But you should switch to cat!!

S

SSF108

Apr 24, 2008
Schedule

Cooke City? At their peak season? And where? Through the trees in town?
Crested Butte? Lived there for 6 years. Not a good RMSHA race hill, minimal spectating and a LONG drive to a green town.
Good effort by RMSHA to expand to new venues. Hope they work out.
Targhee would be great! It should not be TBD! Schedule it!

S

SSF108

Apr 24, 2008
Didn't mean to sound negative. I've spent time in both Cooke City and CB and just hope they work out.
Mt. Rose and Kirkwood were awesome. Wish they would consider venues proven to work.
Hilclimb Mountains not HillX Hills. If you wanna race side by side MWR needs more support!

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
Didn't mean to sound negative. I've spent time in both Cooke City and CB and just hope they work out.
Mt. Rose and Kirkwood were awesome. Wish they would consider venues proven to work.
Hilclimb Mountains not HillX Hills. If you wanna race side by side MWR needs more support!

Sometimes the truth hurts haha. It will definitely be interesting to see what develops at the new hills, or mounds, or whatever we get put on. At least there's still a couple awesome grinder hills left to look forward to.

BTW, I'll be letting Jr. tear up the MWR on the 120 this year. He can swap paint for me since I like to shy away from that sort of stuff.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
UPDATE - There is a new RMSHA website that has been published but is still being fine tuned. The link in the first thread will take you to the new site. Here is the long version if anyone wants to bookmark it. Updated forms, schedule, rules, etc... will be posted at the new site from now on. Also check out the RMSHA FB page for updates.

https://www.rmsha.net

They will be updating the URL once everything is running smoothly, so I'll post it then.

Last edited:

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
cool that RMSHA is trying to build more race sites... too bad there are no longer races at Look Out Pass (especially if they put in jumps), Bluewood, Black Tail, Lost Trail (especially if there is a double), Schweitzer.. and the best one of all (for racers and fans because of the carnage) White Pass.... there was also some really bad *** hills up in BC for racing.. oh well days gone bye

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
The focus of the circuit has seemed to change a bit the last couple years. Not sure if that will be good or bad for future race sites. Visibility and attendance are big factors, as well as which places will make the effort to accommodate a race during the season. I personally like the knock-out drag-out kind of hills like Afton, Pebble, Jackson. I definitely have not been as satisfied with the ongoing transition to flat out speed run hills where horsepower ($$$) wins. We'll see what continues to develop.

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would have to agree The hills like Afton, Pebble, and Jackson are the funnest to race and in my opinion the funnest to watch too!

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
any more info on the crested butte race? is it on a challenging course? what is the race schedule for the weekend? (none of this info on rmsha site or FB page)

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
No word on how technical it will be. My guess with the transition from shallow to steeper slope is some tighter turns in the bottom and maybe open up towards the top. Hopefully not just a speed race to say they had us race to 11,000 ft, but who knows. Hard to have high expectations after Jackson Hole. Pretty hard to replicate the awesomeness of that hill anywhere.

Tentative schedule -
Thursday test/tune
Friday test/tune, hillcross/hillclimb dash for cash, freestyle demo
Saturday hillclimb qualifying, snocross qualifying/finals, speed & style comp., oval qualifying/finals
Sunday hillcross qualfying/finals, hillclimb finals, hilldrags, awards

The Ultimate Snowmobiler schedule in .pdf

Hill layout

Crested Butte Hillclimb Layout.jpg

Last edited:
V

villain

Nov 2, 2013
Any info on this years races? Was thinking if setting up a spare sled I have for the amateur class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features