• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 pro rmk power issues

Mar 3, 2022
Canada
Hey guys, 2014 pro rmk here with a new top end about 900 ago, currently sitting at 3800 miles. I was having an issue with a det code and bogging so I changed fuel filter and sparkplugs with oem parts. It completely fixed the det code so cheers, but my sled still would Bog to about 7200 if you held it wide for a second or two. Keep in mind this isn't happening consistently. Then I pulled the exhaust valves, cleaned them inside and out (and all the tiny holes) and reinstalled with them isolated so as to rule out that little solenoid, but now it doesn't go above 7800 rpm ever and still bogs down to 6900 occasionally. Oh and my belt detonated on me so it has a new belt. When I got this sled it behaved normally at this elevation and I haven't gone up or down, so I personally don't think it's clutching. Any tips on what I've missed? It honestly feels like an electrical issue? but idk where to look there?‍♂️ oh and another thing...yesterday when I was riding a red engine water symbol came on(engine was at 130 degrees) and it would stutter taking out. I'm at a loss so anything would help thanks!

T
Hey guys, 2014 pro rmk here with a new top end about 900 ago, currently sitting at 3800 miles. I was having an issue with a det code and bogging so I changed fuel filter and sparkplugs with oem parts. It completely fixed the det code so cheers, but my sled still would Bog to about 7200 if you held it wide for a second or two. Keep in mind this isn't happening consistently. Then I pulled the exhaust valves, cleaned them inside and out (and all the tiny holes) and reinstalled with them isolated so as to rule out that little solenoid, but now it doesn't go above 7800 rpm ever and still bogs down to 6900 occasionally. Oh and my belt detonated on me so it has a new belt. When I got this sled it behaved normally at this elevation and I haven't gone up or down, so I personally don't think it's clutching. Any tips on what I've missed? It honestly feels like an electrical issue? but idk where to look there?‍♂️ oh and another thing...yesterday when I was riding a red engine water symbol came on(engine was at 130 degrees) and it would stutter taking out. I'm at a loss so anything would help thanks!
I feel your pain

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Try a new capacitor.. My 2014 Assault was doing the exact same thing this past winter bogging and hitting the DET Sensor.. It was so bad that it was almost unrideable!! I thought it was the fuel pump and ordered a new one.. In the meantime, I tried a new capacitor while I was waiting for the fuel pump.. The capacitor solved the problem..
I guess I have a spare fuel pump in the spare parts bin!!

Premium Features