• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 M8000 OVS race gas water to air issues

K

Klimbing Kitty

last year i cooked the oil less turbo. I have installed a new oil less turbo and sled will not go above 5500 6000rpm. turbo spins but the boost is not coming on. the servo does cycle around 4700 for the test but after that i cant get enough rpm for the servo to open again. Any ideas? idles fine, plugs are good. both cylinders are good.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
bypass the turbo and see if you can get the rpm up on a stand. Maybe the turbo is not spooling fast enough and acting like a restriction. Have heard those oil less turbos can be tight until grease gets moved around and heated up. Try a heat gun on center section and see if warming it up helps.

K

Klimbing Kitty

bypass the turbo and see if you can get the rpm up on a stand. Maybe the turbo is not spooling fast enough and acting like a restriction. Have heard those oil less turbos can be tight until grease gets moved around and heated up. Try a heat gun on center section and see if warming it up helps.
Thank you. Was exactly the problem new turbo was also packed to tight for a sled was car specs

Premium Features