• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 HCR Driven Clutch Problem

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Finally got a chance to look at the sled after my son had taken it out west. Secondary bolt work out to the point where the secondary came off. Just needed to run a tap in to clean up a burr and I can now thread in the bolt. However, I can't split sheaves to put the belt on. See in the pictures. Its as if the rollers are not on the helix. Also cannot get the sheaves to move on the shaft. Appreciate thoughts on what might be the problem and fix. Thank you.

IMG_8803.jpg IMG_8804.jpg IMG_8805.jpg

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
You'll need a press to compress the secondary back together. It's strange.

It almost looks like the bolts that thread into the helix from the other side of the secondary sheave may have striped the threads out in the helix?

However, if that was the case, there's nothing from keeping the whole thing from coming apart.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
Well I got it to compress enough to put the belt on. A shim had gotten partially sideways on the shaft, preventing it to seat against the jackshaft. I put it on, set deflection and engaged the clutch a few times. Seems to be ok. Then again maybe its just a grenade ready to detonate. Will be able to do some riding this weekend to test out.

Premium Features