• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 nytro what to expect and what is needed to maintane

Im sick of my polaris alway breaking down so going to look at a2013 nytro fx this evening. What should I expect as far as maintenence? It has 400 miles on it.

Any issues or updates that I will need to know about.
Many mandatory changes that need to be done for a great riding sled?

First 4stroke snowmobile so still a little hestitent.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Oil change and check fluids and all the other normal stuff you would check preseason on any sled.

As for mandatory changes I would only say a steering relocation bracket and a rollover valve with tether. Otherwise leave it and save money for when you can find a deal on a turbo off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oil change and check fluids and all the other normal stuff you would check preseason on any sled.

As for mandatory changes I would only say a steering relocation bracket and a rollover valve with tether. Otherwise leave it and save money for when you can find a deal on a turbo off season.

What is a rollover valve with tether?

Guess i need to do a little research on turbo since alot of peeps do this to the nytros, seemed to pull pretty good already but doing wheelies is fun..

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Do to the fact that 4strokes need oil to live the nytro is dry sumped and has a oil storage tank on the riders right side of the sled. The tank has a breather line that is connected to the air box to allow it to breath as the oil returns from the engine. When you roll the sled over to get it unstuck or If it flips. The oil will run out the breather line The roll over valve is installed in that breather line. When the tether is pulled cutting power to the engine in the case of the rider falling off. Or the sled tumbling down the hill the valve will close closing off the breather line preventing any oil from escaping. It is a must have item for the nytro

At 400 miles the motor is not even broken in yet. They will start to loosen up revving higher and getting better mileage. They take time to get used to riding and to get the suspension dialed in. Steering relocater is also a great thing to put on these sleds. Just moving the steering post up and forward will make a big difference in how they handle. Have fun they are good sleds with a lot of potential. It just depends on your check book.

Last edited:
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
The rollover valve is as he explained. I got mine from OFT racing a while back but I don't know if they still sell them. I liked theirs because the tether on it is really beefy.

Premium Features