• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 alpha conversion

C
so ive been looking all over the internet if anyone has done an alpha conversion on a 2013 arctic cat m800. I have looked at the alpha rail mounting system and they look very similar to the normal twin rail system. I have seen people put alpha rails in ski doo's and Polaris's. ny help would be awesome!!

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
so ive been looking all over the internet if anyone has done an alpha conversion on a 2013 arctic cat m800. I have looked at the alpha rail mounting system and they look very similar to the normal twin rail system. I have seen people put alpha rails in ski doo's and Polaris's. ny help would be awesome!!
It's doable, pretty sure you need the drop and roll from the 17 mtn cat and 18+ ascender sleds. Also, certain shocks don't fit but mainly the ones with big reservoirs

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
As MTsled3 said you'll need to do the drop and rolled chaincase setup with the TKI template kit and longer chain case, chain, and gears from a 2017 Mountain Cat or 2018+ sled. Then you'll need the track, drivers, skid, rear drop bracket extension, and new shocks. The 2013 shocks are too short both front and rear. IMO it would be easier to sell the sled and buy an Alpha.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Id be tempted to try it without the dropped case. Might need to drill new holes like the 14+ location. Would think the 2.6 would fit fine, 3" might need smaller drivers like polaris guys use. would be fun to see.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
There are guys who have done it without dropped case. I would stick with stock Alpha drivers to do that. Stock Alpha drivers will fit with 3" track. I have used them with 3.5 pitch 3" track on my 13 with stock case. Probably easier to get Alpha track in with drivers than the twin rail track with driver extroverts facing outwards. Get the billet adapters for 12-13 that change rear mount to 14+ position.

Premium Features