• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Xf Bad BOG.

M
Sep 17, 2012
Hi. I'm getting a really bad bog after riding for a while. First i start it, it runs great, then starts to get a couple small bog here and there.
After a while its start to bog all the time and even die out on WOT. Then it gets hard to start again. I've tried letting it cool of, but its still hard to get going and dies off when i pump the gas. i pulled it apart and the crankhouse was flooded with fuel. i sucked it all out, and run great again... for a while until the bog started over again.

All this happen after i installed a Air sensor relocating kit with air vents https://www.startinglineproducts.co...take-kit-for-2012-15-arctic-cat-800-twin.html
and a slp can.

It seems to be fuel related either too little or too much, fuel pump? injector? or the relocate of the sensor messing up the map? tps?

anyone experience anything similar?

R
The repositioning of the air sensor only works for some people and some mods, not on all sleds. Sounds like you might have a stuck injector if it sits. However, during its running? You might have a spark issue, if its not burning the fuel, you will bog too, cylinder fills up.
But you have to remember, the 12 and 13s run real rich. So when you are about to shut them down, you have to let them run for a minute or you will flood.
Secondly, check your compression, rule that out right away. A lot of miles??

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Tank vent? Fuel injection has near eliminated this problem but these symptoms are very similar. Try loosening your gas cap right after the bog happens. Listen for vapor lock.

K
Jan 12, 2019
Our F800 had similar issues randomly, but was going worse all the time. Changed everything else to fuel side except injectors and ECU. After last winter little accident, this summer/autumn literally disassmbled and assembled whole front end and my son found out that main wiring loom was melted to stator connector (yellow wire). Stator side looked ok, but other side had heated quite a lot. We replaced whole connector, both sides and now it flies...

Premium Features