• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 BD PRO no spark

I've got a 2012 Pro with a boondocker turbo kit and on our last ride it started running like it was running on one cylinder and would stall out. We headed back to the truck and it started running fine the rest of the way back. It started and rode off the trailer and into the garage fine. I was going to take it in to the shop to have some programming done on the boondocker box but now it won't start. When you pull it over the lights light up and the boondocker box lights up but I've got no spark and no power to the main dash. Any suggestions where to start? I don't wanna pay the dealer to get it running and program the boondocker box if I can get it running again. Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Unplug the bd box and hook up ecu stock. See if it fires. Some of the older boxes had issues with the red wire. Sounds exactly like that.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
No such luck with it firing up without the BD box

Just a question, did you plug the injectors back into the stock harness along with the TPS?
If the speedo wires behind the secondary are rubbed through and grounding on the chassis or secondary you will get these symptoms. I fixed one in ‘13.

Ok so problem fixed!! And huge thanks to SnowDuck for hooking me up with some parts to throw at it. After none of the replacement parts got her running again I started rechecking for loose wires. I swear the first thing my buddy and I checked was the kill switches. ****s and giggles I decided to try them again. Turned out that the tether we added doesn't work. As soon as I unplugged the wires for it the sled came to life with the first pull!!! Now I feel dumb but she's alive again. Anybody want to buy it so I've got a bigger down payment on my snowchecked Khaos?? Haha:face-icon-small-hap

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ok so problem fixed!! And huge thanks to SnowDuck for hooking me up with some parts to throw at it. After none of the replacement parts got her running again I started rechecking for loose wires. I swear the first thing my buddy and I checked was the kill switches. ****s and giggles I decided to try them again. Turned out that the tether we added doesn't work. As soon as I unplugged the wires for it the sled came to life with the first pull!!! Now I feel dumb but she's alive again. Anybody want to buy it so I've got a bigger down payment on my snowchecked Khaos?? Haha:face-icon-small-hap

Always check the simple things first. ?

That's the problem my buddy said he checked it already. I thought the tether and the kill switch were the first things we checked. Not sure what he unplugged but apparently it wasn't the tether wiring!:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features