• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris rmk 800 high idle, idle hang lean condition

Ok start off I bought the sled used engine mounts broken, had bad crank seal from the motor moving around like crazy, I pulled the motor did the crank seals, reseated bottom end with loctite 518 I believe it is, put motor back in still idles high and throws det code and breaks up at wot, Before fixing the crank seals it ran somewhat alright now it just falls on its face. Did a plug chop and they are white, I’ve sprayed a full can of brake clean on every boot seal crankcase seal fuel lines and nothing brings the idle down, I looked at the tps and the Philips looks a bit rounded as someone has messed with it what are the odds the tps being off is causing it to idle sporadically 2300-2600, hanging idle 3000-3500 after wot assuming because it’s running super lean, maybe I bumped the tps sensor while engine removal/install just curious if there’s something I’ve overlooked, new seals on oil pump new gas line o rings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

Pitabroed

Jan 16, 2018
Perhaps the previous owner adjusted the tps to have it run "ok" with the broken crank seal.

Premium Features