• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 wont start strange situation

piped99

Premium Member
Feb 14, 2008
sheridan wyoming
Rode all weekend long and had no issues. Waited a week to unload in off the trailor and put it inside. Temps were cold all week while it was on the trailor and when i went to start it. It wouldnt start and had to drag it inside.

It has spark and gas and no wires seem damaged. Never had a problem with this sled and it is stock.

Any ideas?

S

ScubaSteveSK

Aug 16, 2008
Canada
Are your plugs really wet? Try holding it WOT for 4 or 5 pulls, and if that doesn't work pinch the fuel line off with some vice grips and hold it WOT until it starts - could be up to 10 pulls - mine did the same thing early this season.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Had similar issue with an 09M1000. Had spark and pressure, but plugs were dry. Cycled injectors with current(McGiver some wires and 18 volt battery) fired right up after that with no issues since.

Phizzer

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2008
Ketchikan, AK
Guess I should finish reading what you wrote before I type...you say you had spark and your getting fuel?? How did you check for these things?

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
Id say double check that you have fuel pressure! Might have had some condensation in the Fuel pump from watery gas that froze up the pump!
Ive seen it before! Good luck.

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
i second holding it WOT and pulling it over. had 2 M8's do it on the same morning. a rental and mine. the rental guy was delivering another one to our cabin. after we loaded the "dead sled" i went to start mine and it wouldn't go. he said to hold it WOT and pull. i had pulled about 30 times prior to that. 2 pulls at WOT and it fired right up. he then walked over to the rental and did the same thing to the "dead sled" and it fired up too.

D
Apr 13, 2020
I know this is an older string, but I appreciate the above gentlemen posting. I also had a flooded situation last week. I had to hold the throttle to the bar and pull. My 2011 Crossfire 800 started after about 5 pulls. On another occasion, I left the gas tank about 1/3 full for the summer. At the end of summer I needed to electrically "bump" the fuel pump with a good 12 volt car battery for a few seconds. I could easily hear the fuel pump running with the battery attached. After reconnecting the lead wire plug, the snowmobile started on the 2nd pull. +

Premium Features