• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 rmk 800 dash lights out

S
Dec 7, 2020
Recently had my 2010 rmk 800 rebuilt have been running it through some heat cycles and light riding the past couple days have about 30km on it now today I went for a ride got back left it outside for a couple hours While it was snowing , went to start it back up started first pull was running just fine but the dash is out and the headlight and tail light are dimmed right out until I give it a bit of throttle , I’m assuming it is a voltage regulator issue can’t find anything else it would be , just want to know some opinions before I go and purchase a new regulator tomorrow

S
Mar 2, 2009
Yes, VR, make SURE you get the latest updated part number one as that is the only one that protects the ECU from frying... I carried a spare with me b/c when that safer one fails it usually quits the sled completely and I wanted to be able to get back out of wherever I was... but it never failed on me again. POSSIBLY might be stator issue but VR is cheaper and easier to replace (and should be replaced anyway if it is an older part number)

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Cool, didn't know those had relays... a short somewhere can cause the same issue too, like in handwarmers...

Premium Features