• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Polaris assault 800

V
Dec 20, 2019
I have an assault 800 and the voltage gauge goes up and down and then the dash goes dark until a rev it up then it comes back and the lights flicker to, is this a problem with the regulator? And can the regulator be the reason that it goes in to safemode every time i give it full throttle.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Regulator for sure, and make sure you get the updated part number (latest), older versions can fry your electronics when they go bad... I would NOT run it that way myself, could get really expensive.
Not sure about the safemode though, but it could be in the process of frying your ECU.

V
Dec 20, 2019
Regulator for sure, and make sure you get the updated part number (latest), older versions can fry your electronics when they go bad... I would NOT run it that way myself, could get really expensive.
Not sure about the safemode though, but it could be in the process of frying your ECU.
Do ypu have the part number on the updated regulator?

V
Dec 20, 2019
Well it was not the regulator i think (but still changed it) it is the stator that is ****ed.. have a new one on the way takes about a week to get it to iceland, but i hope the sled will work propperly with a new stator. Hate that it is impossible to buy parts from the polaris dealership here in iceland, not that they dont have the parts but they are so expensive... they wanted about 450$ for the voltage regulator but i got it for 200$ on amazon with taxes. I did not even check what they wanted for the stator but i would gess the would want about 500$ for it minimum.

Premium Features