• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 no start.... Fuel

C
Oct 17, 2010
Edmonton
I have a 2010 m8, has been down over a year because I have been customizing it. all that the engine has is a dynojet power commader V box (tuned for 5000-10000 feet), speedwork pipes, boysene reeds and black diamond intake... Went to try to start it and won't fire. Pulled plugs, seemed dry. pulled line from fuel rail had alot of pressure (feul sprayed out). could this be an injector problem. Sled only has 250 miles and ran pefect before all this. Anythoughts? Thanks

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
still needs a little kick, poor a pop bottle cap of gas in a cylinder, it should start and might die then start back up after a few pulls. Might have to do it twice

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Injectors could be stuck after sitting that long, sometimes a little tapping on them works other times you need to pull them out and soak them in some carb cleaner. Yes sometimes dumping a little fuel in to get it running will help them kick loose, I think it's the viberations

C
Oct 17, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah I removed the programer and just re hooked to the ECM and pulled a punch and it would not fire. I will trie powering gas into the cylinder when I get home. It turns over good, lights come on, but not so much as a spudder. pulled the bran new plugs and they are drie. It seems like no fuel gets past the injectors

U
Dec 18, 2008
Had same issue. Injectors are stuck. Verify by spraying gas in airbox with squirt bottle. If it fires, Remove connectors off injectors and take a 9 volt battery connect 2 wires to it (1 on each terminal) then touch wires to each injector connector prong... should hear a click... click 2 or 3 times... reconnect should fire then.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
When the fuel system is run dry (taken apart) it can be a real pain to get the fuel pumping again. even though it sprayed out when you removed the line doesn't mean anything. you can also hook up a 9v battery or 12v power source to the pump wires to help prime system.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Im going to be that guy... did you check the killswitch is open? :face-icon-small-dis

More relevant to carbs sleds, but how much fuel do you have in the tank... and is it fresh?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The pump seems to be working, I have removed the line 3 times and everytime it had lots of pressure in the rail.

What seems like a lot really isn't, I ran one out as I rode it into the trailer, then filled it all the way up and pulled it a couple hundred times and it would not build over 20lbs of pressure. One cap of fuel in the spark plug hole and it fired then died, then 15 pulls later started. But when it fired it bumped the fuel pressure up over 20lbs and kept building every pull after that.

Its pretty easy to just hook power to the pump and then you know you have full pressure. But if you let the pump sit dry for a long time I've heard they can go bad, but not likely. Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and find out. spec is 43-47psi

If you have pressure, then I would pull the connectors on the injectors and hold a test light on the pins inside while someone pulls it over, I have seen the wire break right at the plug inside the wire insulator.

Last edited:
Premium Features