• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M6 Guage Upgrade?

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
I have a 2010 M6 with the standard round guage cluster. I would like to upgrade it to the delux guage, same as my 2011 M8 snopro.
Has anyone done this upgrade and if so is it simply plug and play or is more required?
Thanks for any info.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
They are plug and play on M8 and M1000 and interchangeable. M6 might be same but plug in your M8 guage and see if it works on your M6.

F
Jan 3, 2008
I picked up a spare "beater" hood that has the round gauge. My nice hood has the deluxe gauge. I also wanted to find out if I could swap back and forth between the two gauge type. My sled is a 2009 HCR, the "beater" hood came off a 2008 M6 would these gauges be interchangeable?

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Yes I have tried my deluxe gauge from my 2013 on my boys 2011 M6 and it works. I know the altmeter doesn’t work and the fuel level on it but I don’t care. I just wanted it for the bigger easier to seen digital and mostly for the big flashing TEMP letters when sled is getting hot so he has easier time to see that. This is his first liquid cooled sled has always had fan cooled so just have been drilling it in his head to watch the gauge often.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
Thanks, i am going to try to find a deluxe gauge to make this swap. Fuel gauge not working makes sense, no sender on the 2010/2011, not sure why the altimeter doesn't work but that's not a deal breaker for me. I'm after tack, speedo and engine temp, the rest is gravy. If anyone knows where i can score a used deluxe gauge in good order and reasonable please pm me. Thanks again.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
Muzbomb, have you or your son seen an over temp light or display since you installed the deluxe gauge? I found one and installed it in my 2010 M6, then went through every setting available and found a 00 input for engine temp. the settings i found to be working are MPH, RPM, MAX RPM, ODO/KPH, Trip 1, Trip 2, Hours and Voltage. All other ( hidden ) inputs 1 through 8 all read as 00.
The lights on the left side are High Beam, Low Oil and Over Temp. The High Beam works properly, I assume the Low Oil light will work properly as I believe that sensor is a toggle sensor.
I am not real convinced the High Temp light will work properly as that will be pending the type of sensor for high temp. If the ecu reads the temp sensor and the ecu sends a toggle on/off code to the gauge it might work. If the sensor only reads the real temp and sends signals to the gauge directly and the gauge turns on the light then it may not function properly.
So the question is have you seen an over temp light or a display on the deluxe gauge since installed?

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
I believe ( hidden ) code #3 is engine temp. The hidden codes can be displayed at the bottom by holding down the Increment & Decrement buttons until displayed. The Select button will toggle through all 8 codes. First up is voltage then 1 thru 8. To exit hold down the Increment & Decrement buttons again.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
Update, I decided to just run it until it got hot, within reason of course. What i found it in fact the red temp light does flash and the "TEMP" flag does display properly.
Additionally I also discovered the reverse indicator also functions properly.
My conclusion is this is a very good upgrade, the only real issue has been the lack of an altimeter display which i didn't have before with the standard gauge and i really don't need.
The verdict is still out on the low oil light but i bet its going to work properly.
If i send this in to next stage for a reflash to obtain a constant coolant temp read out I'm not real sure that information is provided from the ecu and may not properly work, still thinking about that one.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Muzbomb, have you or your son seen an over temp light or display since you installed the deluxe gauge? I found one and installed it in my 2010 M6, then went through every setting available and found a 00 input for engine temp. the settings i found to be working are MPH, RPM, MAX RPM, ODO/KPH, Trip 1, Trip 2, Hours and Voltage. All other ( hidden ) inputs 1 through 8 all read as 00.
The lights on the left side are High Beam, Low Oil and Over Temp. The High Beam works properly, I assume the Low Oil light will work properly as I believe that sensor is a toggle sensor.
I am not real convinced the High Temp light will work properly as that will be pending the type of sensor for high temp. If the ecu reads the temp sensor and the ecu sends a toggle on/off code to the gauge it might work. If the sensor only reads the real temp and sends signals to the gauge directly and the gauge turns on the light then it may not function properly.
So the question is have you seen an over temp light or a display on the deluxe gauge since installed?

Hey sorry I missed this post. I see you got it all figured out though. Yes it all works on my boys sled and it is really a awesome upgrade!!

Premium Features