• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Dragon 800 bog at idle

C
Dec 19, 2021
Parkland County
My 2010 Dragon 800 Starts and idles good for the first 5s, revs up but sounds lacking of power(Begins to pop and backfire) Once idled down begins to lower idle to 1100-1300rpm and bogs when i hit throttle( won’t even move). Replaced Voltage reg and I still have the same problem. Sled has good spark, intake and exhaust is clear, fuel isn’t contaminated. This is my second VR in 2 seasons. Wondering if the stator is at fault or what the problem could be? Any help is awesome and appreciated thanks

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Did it run okay before the second VR went out? If it did it is quite possible the faulty VR damaged the ECU.
Other than that maybe pull the throttle bodies and clean them up. If there is a lot of soot around the blades they may not be closing properly.
Also it could be a TPS adjustment.

C
Dec 19, 2021
Parkland County
Did it run okay before the second VR went out? If it did it is quite possible the faulty VR damaged the ECU.
Other than that maybe pull the throttle bodies and clean them up. If there is a lot of soot around the blades they may not be closing properly.
Also it could be a TPS adjustment.
Yes it ran good then it started to act up after about 15km of trail riding, it was my first ride of the season. I put a new VR on the other day and it’s doing the same thing. When I start it at first, I can hit the throttle and rev it up for the first 10s. after I let it idle down it idles at 1100-1300 and when I hit the throttle it just bogs. I will make sure my TPS is good. I have a 2008 dragon 700 I use as a parts sled, would the ecu off that work? other than that, thanks for the help

Premium Features