• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 XP Check Engine Light at High RPM?

D
Dec 6, 2016
Hey there,

I am new to the forum, so hopefully I am posting this in the correct location. I have a 2009 Skidoo XP. When taking it out for the first ride of the season, all was perfect except for one thing. The sled ran perfect, started perfectly, all the power was there, all electronics seemed to work.

The only "issue" was that at high RPM's (approximatley 6000-6500) when accelerating, I would get a yellow check engine light, a beep, and a "Check Engine" reading on the dash. There was no change in power when the light came on. The engine temperature was 'normal' and was about 1/2 way up the scale. Coolant was full, oil was full. Brand new battery has been installed and electric start worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The sled ran perfectly, but I am concerned and do not want to take the sled out mountain riding before I resolve this issue. Any solutions help! Thank you in advance.

T
Jan 14, 2017
CEL comes on and goes off. 2009 800R

I am having the same issue. 2009 800R Ptek CEL and beeps.
While riding the other day I noticed that the check engine light does NOT come on every time my rpms reach 6000-7500.
Only most of the time.
It always goes away when not in that rpm range.
Does this mean that it's a bad wire?
Rave Valve wire?
Fuse?

I'd like to fix this problem without going to the dealership.

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
Hey there,

I am new to the forum, so hopefully I am posting this in the correct location. I have a 2009 Skidoo XP. When taking it out for the first ride of the season, all was perfect except for one thing. The sled ran perfect, started perfectly, all the power was there, all electronics seemed to work.

The only "issue" was that at high RPM's (approximatley 6000-6500) when accelerating, I would get a yellow check engine light, a beep, and a "Check Engine" reading on the dash. There was no change in power when the light came on. The engine temperature was 'normal' and was about 1/2 way up the scale. Coolant was full, oil was full. Brand new battery has been installed and electric start worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The sled ran perfectly, but I am concerned and do not want to take the sled out mountain riding before I resolve this issue. Any solutions help! Thank you in advance

You and tetonrider need to check the rave valves the wiring the solenoid and anything else to do with it. Just went through this with mine. My problem was where the wires went into the connector the wire became brittle and was not making a good connection replaced the two connectors now it runs like a raped ape again. Good luck.

T
Jan 12, 2010
BC
Check the wires for you valves, had near the same thing. Sled ran completely fine but the engine light would come on. End up being a broke wire for on of the valves. Plus I running modded valves so the solenoids do nothing.

T
Sep 20, 2021
Utah
Hey guys. I had the same problem and fixed it thanks to the advice above. I made a little video of the fix in case it helps someone else down the road.

Premium Features