• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Summit X vs. 2007 Summit XRS

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
That there be a personal preference......I personally would pay $700 more for the XRS if all the updates have been done. Need to be sure the 07 crank case is up to speed. What kind of mileage are you talking?

That there be a personal preference......I personally would pay $700 more for the XRS if all the updates have been done. Need to be sure the 07 crank case is up to speed. What kind of mileage are you talking?

Around 2800 on both of them. The XRS is all stock whereas the XP has a floating secondary, Powder Pros and a few other doo dads. I love the looks of the XRS....always been my favorite Doo color scheme.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Its personnel preference but after riding a xp the rev is like a Riding a whale. I would go with xp.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
The 2007 XRS is NOTORIOUS for blowing it's 800 motor. If it has the original 2800 miles on it, you most likely won't go 500 more b4 it goes. If you don't want to modify, buy the XP, you will love the way it handles.

Now that being said, if it were me and you have the funds, you should buy the XRS and call Big John @ SHR and send him the motor to be rebuilt as a 860. You will then have the most reliable big power motor around and you will have a BLAST on that sled. IMHO. :face-icon-small-coo

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Don't the 2007 and 2009 have the same motor?:help:

The cases were the problem in '07. They were too tight on the center bearings. The '07 cases can be fixed.

Doo fixed the issue in '08.

I know SLIM has a soft spot in his heart for them REVS, and I can respect that but the XP is a much better platform and with the right updates, is right there with the XM's.

Last edited:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If the lower end of the 07 has never been checked out and corrected stay away from it unless you plan on fixing it before the snow flies, if not carry a good rope and stay on the trails cause it's going to go. I would go with the XP although if you have the funds that 07 would be a fun sled to have too.

Premium Features