• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK 800 SLP twin pipe silencer can

G
Jul 10, 2020
So the sled I bought that has a 860 big bore kit on it with SLP twin pipes and small straight thru silencers. I'd like to make her a bit quieter as I'm not a fan of loud out in the wilderness.
I've been looking for the twin pipe big silencer that I've seen pictures of from SLP with no luck, so my next option is to take the twin pipe off and replace it with a good used SLP single pipe and can.
Plus one of the pipes expansion chamber is dented so the volumes from side to side are different.
Would I need to have the ecu re-tuned for the single pipe I guess is the question.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i don't have my twin pipe dragon anymore but i could possibly help you lower the sound without adding weight. Might have to could check but i am building some tunnel dump kits for pro rmk that should be an improvement over the BD style (for their turbos) or N/A. Did you get this issue resolved? *my exhaust mods cause cancer and are most certainly not allowed in NAZI CAILIFORNIA or canadia....

G
Jul 10, 2020
Not yet, I was thinking about making something on those lines as well. I've got a Boondocker turbo that has the tunnel dump. Gonna try to take them out this weekend and I'll have a better idea on how loud it really is.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Not yet, I was thinking about making something on those lines as well. I've got a Boondocker turbo that has the tunnel dump. Gonna try to take them out this weekend and I'll have a better idea on how loud it really is.

Post pics! i don't have that set up anymore but it was awsome! I also have a bd tunnel dump kit along with a refined version in a old yamaha. if you have any questions feel free to ask. Make sure you don't change the bleed pipe length. Running open stinger in the tunnel ain't bad.

308396_10150306085127085_1774712700_n.jpg

Premium Features