• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK 700 Cable adjustment or TPS ? HELP !

D
Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys ! I'm trying to understand if this full throttle bog is from the TPS, or the cable adjustment... Lately I have been getting this sled to REV up to around 8350 no problem... The thing is, when I am achieving this. I am barely going half throttle... If I pin it to the bar, Bam ! It stumbles and if I play with the throttle and pin it, it will come back but top speed feels sluggish and revs back down to around 7900 and will slowly climb up in RPM's from there... Any suggestions here ? Is there a way I can adjust the TPS or throttle cable to make the half throttle go full throttle like when the sled achieves 8350 ? Thankx !

PS Hope you guys can understand this problem ! Thankx !

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
It sounds more like a clutch issue to me. Either a broken spring in primary or weights hanging up. The stumble you get when you pin it is most likely the rev limiter kicking in.

D
Aug 25, 2016
It sounds more like a clutch issue to me. Either a broken spring in primary or weights hanging up. The stumble you get when you pin it is most likely the rev limiter kicking in.
I do not think it is the rev limiter... When i blew a belt, the sled revved up to 9500 ! And I had to left off the throttle ! This sled was like this even when it was stock... I have put in a clutch kit by SLP last year... Both clutches have new springs...

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
There has to be something wrong in the clutches. In the primary it could be anything like a cover bearing being worn, worn spider buttons so too much button to tower clearance, worn weights pins, worn rollers and bushings along with their pins. In the secondary it could also be worn rollers or helix. I would suggest checking all the primary clutch items mentioned to make sure everything is within specs first. Check this fiche Parts Polaris to see the parts I mentioned for your sled.

Premium Features